Help longer approaches

This is a forum to discuss pole vault technique as it relates to intermediate level pole vaulting.
Cpu8
PV Newbie
Expertise: Beginning Regular Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 4,63m
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Menno Vloon

Help longer approaches

Unread postby Cpu8 » Fri Apr 29, 2016 9:56 am

Ive been jumping for 2 years now and last indoor season i just cleared the 4,63m but now that we're outdoor again ive failed to make a jump from my longest runs. Now im only able to use an 8 step, i dont know why im unable to use the 12 and 14 step. Last year i fell next to the mat and seriously injured my back so maybe its something subconcious?

Has anyone else exprerienced something like this and know what i can do to get my head straight again. My indoor season was pretty k so i'd like to continue that in the outdoor season.

Sorry for possible bad english im a cheesehead from the netherlands.

c:
im jumping on the others side of the world l:

dj
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Coach

Re: Help longer approaches

Unread postby dj » Sat Apr 30, 2016 9:07 am

check

www.oneapproachrun.com

for the chart on a six step check mark... if you get you mark six steps from takeoff close to the grip to "mid" mark you should be more confident in your run.

good luck

Dj

Cpu8
PV Newbie
Expertise: Beginning Regular Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 4,63m
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Menno Vloon

Re: Help longer approaches

Unread postby Cpu8 » Mon May 02, 2016 3:26 am

Ah thanks,

Coach gave me a 'private' training so we could just focus on the approach. We started from 2 step and when one approach went well we made the approach longer so we just revisited every approach. Now im back at 6 step and still confident in myself and my approach.
Maybe its the weather, or that i couldnt focus enough when the other athletes were present or maybe i was just being an idiot.

I hope that it will stay the same in the other trainings and ill remember your advice.
im jumping on the others side of the world l:

Return to “Pole Vault - Intermediate Technique”