Mike Yassey vs Ryan Santa

A forum to discuss anything related to Michigan

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

skyshark177
PV Pro
Expertise: College Coach

Mike Yassey vs Ryan Santa

Unread postby skyshark177 » Wed May 17, 2006 9:13 am

Mike Yassey and Ryan Santa squared off against each other yesterday at our dual meet. It was very exciting. Mike started at 13', made it on his first attempt. Ryan came in at 13'6" and made it on his first attempt. Mike also made 13'6" on his first. When we got to 14' both had to move up poles because of a strong tail wind. All three attempts for both of them were over 14' and close to a foot of room easy but, both were hitting it on the way down. Of course they tied so they both received an additional attempt and made it with room to spare. As soon as we moved the bar up to 14'3" for the tie breaker and measured it for Mike's school record, the rain came and we delayed it. It seemed after the rain quit, both were already cooled down or exhausted and they went from 14'3" all the way back down to 13'6", going 3 inches at a time. but, both chose to call it a day and they were just to tired. Both took probably about 8-10 jumps not including warm-up.
I have to say Mike is ready to clear 15' soon and Ryan is back on track. State should be very exciting, not to mention all the other athletes that are at the same level.

vaulter870
PV Great
Expertise: Current Club Cocah, Current College Vaulter, PV Addict!
Favorite Vaulter: Toby Stevenson

Unread postby vaulter870 » Wed May 17, 2006 12:46 pm

nice happy to hear santas doing better. i have to say though once i get better over the bar you better(not being lazy ;) ) look out i am finaly starting to jump well :P
If you cant do it right , do if 10000 more times till you can

ryansanta
PV Whiz

Unread postby ryansanta » Sat May 20, 2006 1:20 am

My first two over 14' were the best jumps I've taken of my short career. As for being off track, I'm on track just moving slow. As for Mike, he's the most focused vaulter I've seen this year.

Return to “Michigan”