A forum to discuss anything related to Michigan

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

swtvault
PV Pro
Expertise: Part time semi elite vaulter--5.35 season best in 2009
Lifetime Best: 5.52

Pole Vault Clinic in SW Michigan

Unread postby swtvault » Tue May 04, 2004 10:44 pm

Myself and Pat O'keefe are holding a 2 day pole vault clinic in Dowagiac MI on May 15th and 16th. Mr. Jon Heath will also be appearing to assist in the instruction. For those who do not know Jon, he coached national HS record holder Stacie Manuel (13'4) as well as Michelle Legett (13'0.) If you have any questions feel free to PM me or email me at gfairbanks580@yahoo.com, or email Pat at Pokeefe@beanstalk.net.

Geoff Fairbanks
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties.

Stockdale Paradox

belmore
PV Pro

Unread postby belmore » Tue May 04, 2004 11:01 pm

And for those of you who don't know swt vualt, Geoff was a pretty danged good vaulter and an allright guy. Any pole vaulte that likes Monte Montgomery is allright with me. I will sure recommend a camp held by Geoff Fairbanks, he's good with kids and knows what he's talking about.
compete and jump safe, have fun

RamVault09
PV Fan

Unread postby RamVault09 » Wed May 05, 2004 12:02 am

........Geoffsnich MY biazznich........

Yeah, that's right, I said it!

Good luck with the camp man, Looking forward to Hood's camp up at Eastern later this summer. See you then!

lonestar
PV Lover

Unread postby lonestar » Wed May 05, 2004 1:35 am

I've passed the torch! Taught the boy everything I know, which isn't a heck of a lot!

Geoff, you better coach these kids better than I coached you!

And on a serious note, Geoff helped coach my kids for the past couple years and did a terrific job! He has the right background and knowledge and will coach someone over his own Michigan State Record!

Good luck buddy!

Kris
Any scientist who can't explain to an eight-year-old what he is doing is a charlatan. K Vonnegut

skyin' pimp
PV Whiz

Unread postby skyin' pimp » Wed May 05, 2004 2:44 am

i just helped michelle get out of a funk she had her senior year.. went 12'8" at bell's before season, then only 12'3" during season.. i just got her confidence on the runway.. if i remember, she was using a 13'6" 175 when she boomed 13'@MN Pole Vault Classic.. damn her back.. would've been one of the rising stars of American Vaulters..
anyways.. yes i will be attending.. and i'm bringing my psuedo brother.. you'll know what i mean when i get there.. anyone in that area should strongly consider coming to this camp.. gizzoff told me that it's only $100 for the 2 day.. well.. why wouldn't you show up.. plus, at the end of the camp.. we're putting a bar up to 6.16 meters and i'm gonna give geoff a tap on a 5.30 9.4 flex nordic as he caps it off.. should be fun to watch.. hope i don't miss the tap :dazed: see y'all in mich
confuscious says: man with four balls doesn't walk

swtvault
PV Pro
Expertise: Part time semi elite vaulter--5.35 season best in 2009
Lifetime Best: 5.52

Unread postby swtvault » Mon May 17, 2004 10:30 pm

Just wanted to let you all know that the camp was a huge sucess. Although we only had 11 kids, 9 of them set new or equal PR's from a run 4-6 steps shorter than normal!!! I can't wait to see what these kids can do this year.

Geoff
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties.

Stockdale Paradox

mcminkz05
PV Great
Expertise: College Vaulter

Unread postby mcminkz05 » Tue May 18, 2004 9:09 pm

unfortunatly i was gone those days :no: :confused: wish i coulda gone, but let me know if your havign any more camps around here in michigan!
What have you done today to get better?

Return to “Michigan”