logan lynch repetes 3rd straight indoor title

A forum to discuss anything related to Michigan

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

vaulter870
PV Great
Expertise: Current Club Cocah, Current College Vaulter, PV Addict!
Favorite Vaulter: Toby Stevenson

Unread postby vaulter870 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:51 am

well since i am assuming that you are the jumps coach from bedford. or a coach that works there i want to say a few things then i am done.

He is simply one of the entourage that follows Logan around at his meets. Vaulter870 is a misguided vaulter who is trying to live vicariously through Logan.

that was a dick move right there. i am a friend that he wants there at the meets with him. he invited me to be there i am not following him around. or living through him

Coach Scheffer hasn't been around for that long but just look at the last couple years.
2005: 5 state qualifiers in the pole vault (3 boys and 2 girls) with three of the 5 earning all-state honors.
2006: 4 state qualifiers with two getting all-state honors.
He has had at least one vaulter at the state meet since he took over.

that is great but from what logan him self tells me shafer is not helping him get any better and the track program wont even buy him a pole even after 4 state championships

There are coaches, athletes, and others who feel the need to give Lynch advice at meets because Lynch is too polite. I've talked to him before and he seems to be the type of kid who doesn't want to tell people that he doesn't need the advice.
i know him personaly and i know what you are talking about but the thing is he dosent mind telling me if he thinks i am wrong but uasuly he asks me for adviece i am not just following around telling him things that he dosent want to know.

Vaulter870 be Lynch's friend and leave the coaching to the man who has proven himself. I want to see the Bedford track team make a run at the state title so don't mess it up for their team.

again i dont plan to mess up any of their chances to win anything i only jump with logan cause he wants to not caues i am telling him that he needs to. he feels that he gets more done jumping with me then with shafer and that is his opinion

I don't see you at their daily practices when they go over video and analyze the last meet or when he has his computer out on the practice field filming them and going over it right then and there. It must be all you. I guess you've been coaching Logan since he's been in jr. high. Yeah, you're right Scheffer doesn't do anything because he's not in Logan's ear before every vault. Scheffer's record speaks for itself; he has nothing to prove to you, and you began the bashing by commenting more than once that Lynch has no real coach.
i didnt know that enthusiest of the vault go to everyday practice?? as for shafer again i am only telling you what i have been told i am not saying he is a bad coach i have just been told that he isnt helping.

When the head coach finds out that you are interfering with his athletes at meets, I don't think he will let it continue. He's not as laid back as Scheffer...just ask Lynch yourself.

i thank you for your threats of trying to make it so i dont "interfere" but i am only doing what a good friend asks of me

i am done you can continue to tell me how much i suck and how i am not a coach and that is fine. i am claiming right now that i am not that good at pole vauling and i am no real coach. insane that i would admit that eh? well i am done there is no point in continueing this arguement. you can continue bashing me if you wish i will submit
If you cant do it right , do if 10000 more times till you can

mcminkz05
PV Great
Expertise: College Vaulter

Unread postby mcminkz05 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:47 am

vaultfan12 wrote:Now we're up to two people who are giving Lynch "advice." Does anyone see the problem here? Are there other events in track where an athlete has his coach and several others at the meet giving tips?

I've seen him PR at plenty of in season meets (including last year's state meet). Why is it unfair to say he is interfering? He is interfering because he is not Logan's coach, and he has no idea what coach Scheffer is trying to do. What makes you guys more qualified then his coach beside the fact that you supply him poles. Have you guys ever thought that maybe the reason Lynch has you guys around is for the poles.

Well Mr. Scheffer, I think Vaulter870 pretty much covered it. Honestly only 2 people giving him advice isn't even close. (Last years state meet wasn't a pr by the way, he jumped that height at a Macomb indoor meet with.. oh yes vaulter870 and I). Nothing makes us more qualified, nobody here claimed to be a qualified coach, as neither of us are. We both have good knowledge of the mechanics of the vault, and Logan comes to us for advice. It is only offered when requested. Logan has us around because we are his friends and training partners. I am sorry you had a problem with what Vaulter870 said and couldn't handle it maturely, but we are done with this discussion. :)
What have you done today to get better?

vaultfan12
PV Newbie

Unread postby vaultfan12 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:52 am

I am definitey not coach Scheffer because he wouldn't come on this forum; he'd go right to Lynch. I do help out with the program when I can and am more than just a follower.

You can say whatever you want but if you're going to bash the Bedford coaches then I am going to defend them, and I don't care who is telling you the information. They deserve a little more respect then what you're giving them. They were 6th in the state last year for a reason, and it's not just Lynch.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 11:57 am

OK awkward...

Vaulter870 has made it clear on this site before that he is not really Logan's coach, just a friend that is trying to help out.

It is always a difficult balance to achieve when you have multiple people helping you and they aren't all on the same page. If Logan needs advice on this, tell him to talk to Adam Sarafian.

Good luck this season Logan!

Return to “Michigan”