Moderator: rainbowgirl28

takeoff
PV Newbie
Expertise: current high school vaulter
Lifetime Best: 8.0
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie

Chicago area summer camps and clinics

Unread postby takeoff » Wed Apr 17, 2013 1:25 pm

We live in Grayslake, Illinois which is a northern suburb. Does anyone know of opportunities for pole vaulting during the summer? I am finishing my freshman year in high school.

vcpvcoach
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, High School Coach, Parent

Re: Chicago area summer camps and clinics

Unread postby vcpvcoach » Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:25 pm

I have two sessions at Carmel Catholic High school in Mundelein. Go to http://www.carmelhs.org/experience/sports/ and click on the summer camp link. All the registration is done online. I have had multiple athletes going to the State meet here and in California. And, one of my former vaulters competed at the Olympic Trials this passed summer.

Coach Hickey

Getvertical_PV
PV Wannabe
Expertise: College Coach, High School Coach, Club Coach, Post-Collegiate Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 17'
Favorite Vaulter: Wamerdam

Unread postby Getvertical_PV » Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:22 pm

I just posted information about our summer club training in Milwaukee

http://getverticalpv.com/training-sessions/

patybobady
PV Pro
Expertise: High School Coach, Former College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 13'9"
Favorite Vaulter: Derek Miles

Unread postby patybobady » Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:25 pm

As a fellow Track and Field coach, I feel your pain of a poor start to our outdoor season in terms of weather. As a pole vault enthusiast, however, it is always saddening to see the end of the season right around the corner, especially with so many Track and Field athletes reaching their potential only to see the season end and everything come to a grinding halt…

But wait! It doesn’t have to. Your pole vaulters can come to Elmwood Park High School (8201 W. Fullerton, Elmwood Park, IL 60707) twice a week and workout, run, vault, drill, etc.

On Tuesday and Thursday nights, sadly Maine South Thursday night vaulting has come to an end, from 5pm-8pm, join us for Flight Nights. Our pits will be open to any and all who wish to come continue/try out this great event. For some of you, your school does not offer the vault, and this is a great and easy way to introduce the event, and hopefully could lead to earning some available team points in meets, especially the conference meet!

We have 2 pits available and an arsenal of poles, however it is recommended that vaulters bring their own, clearly marked for identification purposes (we do have limited space for storage of poles). The cost is $5 a session and $65 for the entire summer (which includes a camp t-shirt). T-shirts will be for sale as well.

I have the fliers and insurance waivers, which need to be filled out and signed prior to participating - JUST EMAIL OR PM ME FOR THEM... Any and all are welcome – from jr. high athletes curious about Track and Field’s greatest event, to all-staters and collegiate national qualifiers to masters vaulters who are still living the dream at 50 years of age…

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.

Always Raise the Bar,

Patrick Sheridan
Twitter - @EPHStrack

Fight the good fight: It's nice to be great but it's far greater to be nice.
Last edited by patybobady on Thu Apr 25, 2013 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dupre.taylor
PV Beginner
Expertise: Collegiate Vaulter, HS Coach
Lifetime Best: 16'
Favorite Vaulter: Steve Hooker

Unread postby dupre.taylor » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:37 pm

Dekalb High School will be hosting a few sessions over the summer. Right now dates are set for the last three Saturdays in June (6/15,6/22,6/29) from 1-3/4pm. Won't be very expensive at all, but our pole inventory is very low so B.Y.O. Poles!

nchsvaultcoach496
PV Wannabe
Expertise: former collegiate vaulter, High School coach
Lifetime Best: 4.96m

Unread postby nchsvaultcoach496 » Sat Jun 15, 2013 3:25 pm

After you get through all your training for the summer, we are hosting a PV Meet at the end of the summer so you can see how much you've gotten done this summer.

It's time again for the 3rd Annual Redhawk Twilight Vaultfest! This is a PV meet in Naperville, IL which is in the West Suburbs of Chicago. Here is some basic information, otherwise check us out on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/events/4901444 ... ts&fref=ts

-Cost: $15 (for $2 you may purchase an extra attempt at each height)
-T-Shirts and refreshments available for purchase (until sold out) and awarded to the top boy and girl in each flight!!

-Steve Stack
PV Coach @ Naperville Central HS

academic08
PV Newbie
Expertise: High School Coach
Lifetime Best: 5
Favorite Vaulter: Sergey Bubka

Unread postby academic08 » Sat Jan 09, 2016 3:58 am

patybobady wrote:As a fellow Track and Field coach, I feel your pain of a poor start to our outdoor season in terms of weather. As a pole vault enthusiast, however, it is always saddening to see the end of the season right around the corner, especially with so many Track and Field athletes reaching their potential only to see the season end and everything come to a grinding halt…

But wait! It doesn’t have to. Your pole vaulters can come to Elmwood Park High School (8201 W. Fullerton, Elmwood Park, IL 60707) twice a week and workout, run, vault, drill, etc.

On Tuesday and Thursday nights, sadly Maine South Thursday night vaulting has come to an end, from 5pm-8pm, join us for Flight Nights. Our pits will be open to any and all who wish to come continue/try out this great event. For some of you, your school does not offer the vault, and this is a great and easy way to introduce the event, and hopefully could lead to earning some available team points in meets, especially the conference meet!

We have 2 pits available and an arsenal of poles, however it is recommended that vaulters bring their own, clearly marked for identification purposes (we do have limited space for storage of poles). The cost is $5 a session and $65 for the entire academic summer camp. T-shirts will be for sale as well.

I have the fliers and insurance waivers, which need to be filled out and signed prior to participating - JUST EMAIL OR PM ME FOR THEM... Any and all are welcome – from jr. high athletes curious about Track and Field’s greatest event, to all-staters and collegiate national qualifiers to masters vaulters who are still living the dream at 50 years of age…

Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions.

Always Raise the Bar,

Patrick Sheridan
Twitter - @EPHStrack

i was thinking to join summer camp this year but was confused to join which one.
Thanx For sharing such a great post :yes:
Last edited by academic08 on Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

patybobady
PV Pro
Expertise: High School Coach, Former College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 13'9"
Favorite Vaulter: Derek Miles

Unread postby patybobady » Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:28 pm

No problem! Every summer after Father's Day through the end of July - Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5pm-8pm. Count on it! Any and all are welcome to keep the dream alive...

mike1234
PV Newbie

Unread postby mike1234 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 8:04 am

takeoff wrote:We live in Grayslake, Illinois which is a northern suburb. Does anyone know of opportunities for Summer Academic Camps during the summer? I am finishing my freshman year in high school.

YMCA organize summer camps every year in your area
for more information visit this : http://patch.com/illinois/glenview/nort ... nuary-31-0

Return to “Illinois”