Pole Vault Clinics??

A forum to discuss anything related to Illinois

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

PVgirl13
PV Newbie

Pole Vault Clinics??

Unread postby PVgirl13 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 12:44 pm

I'm fairly new to pole vaulting and was wondering if anyone knows of some pole vault camps going on soon or in a few months preferably around central Il. but I'm willing to drive if it's a camp worth going to. My school just got pits this summer and we've only been able to jump a few times and I would love to be able to get some more practice in. My PR is 9ft but my coach is afraid he can't help me anymore so any advice you have or ideas where I could go would be AWESOME! thanx :heart: ~amber

jr
PV Nerd

Re: Pole Vault Clinics??

Unread postby jr » Mon Oct 06, 2008 1:02 pm

Illinois College in Jacksonville,Illinois will be hosting their annual early bird "Jumps and throws camps" during November. For more info contact Coach Brooks at 217-245-3382 or Coach Rohn at 217-248-7576. Dates are Nov 9,16,23 and 30.
Jerry

nitro
PV Master

Unread postby nitro » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:22 pm

i am not a fan of most clinics. a lot of them are just trying to make money so bring in a ton of vaulters and dont spend a lot of time with individuals. The one camp i would recommend would be Pat Manson's camps because he keeps the kids down to 5 at a time so the vaulter learns as much as possible, but that is all the way in Colorado. The other place i would recommend would be the pole vault summit.
pain is only temporary victory is forever

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Oct 06, 2008 5:25 pm

nitro wrote:i am not a fan of most clinics. a lot of them are just trying to make money so bring in a ton of vaulters and dont spend a lot of time with individuals. The one camp i would recommend would be Pat Manson's camps because he keeps the kids down to 5 at a time so the vaulter learns as much as possible, but that is all the way in Colorado. The other place i would recommend would be the pole vault summit.

Not everybody gets to vault all the time. An understaffed clinic is generally better than not getting to vault at all for 9 months out of the year.

jr
PV Nerd

Unread postby jr » Tue Oct 07, 2008 9:13 am

At Illinois College we limit the vaulters to 10 per session and have two pits so everybody gets lots of jumps and plenty of attention during a two hour session. This is also open to high jump,long and triple jump and the shot. We provide young athletes a chance to get some jump time in during the off-season.
Jerry

PVgirl13
PV Newbie

Unread postby PVgirl13 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:22 pm

jr wrote:At Illinois College we limit the vaulters to 10 per session and have two pits so everybody gets lots of jumps and plenty of attention during a two hour session. This is also open to high jump,long and triple jump and the shot. We provide young athletes a chance to get some jump time in during the off-season.

that sounds like a great opportunity and being able to get some jumps in is what most people are most concerned about and having a good coaching staff is only going to benefit

elehmann
PV Wannabe

Unread postby elehmann » Mon Dec 01, 2008 10:46 pm

December 7th Waukesha South - Championship Pole Vault Camp

We have been running camps for over 14 years with a lot of emphasis on Drills/Fundamentals and SAFETY... We don't just let you line up and jump all day. We break down the vault and all the fundamentals.. We have all the 'toy's and ropes, etc..... When you do get on the pit, it is 10 at a time.... We know what we are doing...

www.trackandfieldcamps.com Call me - I can get you in. 262 501 0216

Return to “Illinois”