We Need Ideas for fund raising

Discussion for all things related to the National Pole Vault Summit held annually in Reno, Nevada.
Sean/vaulter/naeS
PV Nerd

We Need Ideas for fund raising

Unread postby Sean/vaulter/naeS » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:06 pm

my school is finally letting us go as a team this year but they wont let us use any money from the team. So we need some good fundraisers that might make us about 4000 dollars to go. Please we really want to go.
VAULTERS ARE A CRAZY CREW BUT ITS A FUN RIDE!

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:58 pm

Just do a lot of different things. They'll add up.

Car washes if it is still warm enough.

Sell candy bars at school. If you guys do it all fall semester you should make good money.

Sell cookie dough.

Talk to your school's cheerleaders. Cheerleaders are always doing fundraisers.

SlickVT
PV Follower
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Post-Collegiate Vaulter, College Coach, High School Coach

Unread postby SlickVT » Thu Sep 07, 2006 12:39 am

This may sound a little odd, but it works...

Sell halogen lightbulbs. If you tell people how long they last, its hard to refuse buying one or two. This would be a door to door kind of thing, but if you tell them your cause, I think you would like the results.
Vertical Technique Pole Vault Club
Blacksburg, Virginia
verticaltechnique.com

cdmilton
PV Follower
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Coach
Lifetime Best: 16-0(4.88)

Unread postby cdmilton » Thu Sep 07, 2006 8:45 am

We have done a "Vault-A-Thon" where the kids went out and got pledges for say $1/foot. Then we had a mulligan competition where the kids would jump for a height. They would then go collect the pledges from each person based on the pledge amount and the height they jumped. It works well.
Chris Milton

achtungpv
PV Rock Star

Unread postby achtungpv » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:19 am

Our summer track club held a BBQ fundraiser every year. We got a local grocery store to donate 500+ chicken halves and a lot of dry pinto beans. Athletes were responsible for providing 10 lbs potato salad, bread, onions, and pickles. Some of the dads grilled chicken and cooked beans all night out at the park. Next day all the kids had to plate up the to-go plates and collect tickets when cars came through the line. I think back then we charged like $5 a plate. Each kid was responsible for selling a minimum of 20 tickets. All it really cost was a keg of beer for the dads staying out there all night.
"You have some interesting coaching theories that seem to have little potential."

newPVer
PV Pro

Unread postby newPVer » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:31 pm

root beer floats. if you go to most grocery stores, and ask them to sell root beer floats in the front of the store on saturdays, and if you are doing it for a cause, they will 90% of the time say yes. and if you say that you'll by all of the supplies from them, they will be even happier to say yes. If you sell them for 1 dollar,(resonable price) you will make about 70 cents a cup net. I figured it out when we did it, and it was about 30 cents for the cup, scoop of icecream, and rootbeer. It may not sound like good money, but i;ve sat out infront of an ablertsons with my friends from 10-3, and we made about 225 dollars net. you do that every other Saturday till christmas, that is about 9 weeks, for a grand total of over 2000$ net. you are half way there, just by selling rootbeer floats.

Talk to the manager and see what he/she has to say.

Good Luck, and hope to see you all there!!
PR- 15-1
Great season, time to top it

saraf
PV Pro

Unread postby saraf » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:32 pm

you and your teamates could also get a job and work for the money :idea:

KYSEAMAN
PV Whiz
Expertise: College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 17'10.5
Favorite Vaulter: Renaud

Unread postby KYSEAMAN » Wed Sep 13, 2006 3:46 pm

I would suggest a pancake breakfast. We were the state champions last year, and had to fundraise for the rings. We sold 20 tickets each at $10 per ticket. We raised enough for the rings, and the tickets were surprisingly easy to sell.

Return to “Pole Vault Summit”