Results and Reports

Discussion for all things related to the National Pole Vault Summit held annually in Reno, Nevada.
rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Re: Results and Reports

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:04 pm

I know a number of people flew back Monday instead of Sunday and saved hundreds of dollars.

But yes, the dates were terrible for most people, especially on the east coast. I think that's just how it worked out for being able to book the hotel and the livestock arena these past two years. I am excited to hear we got better dates.

You guys have to understand, we aren't that big of an event relative to other events that come to Reno. We also don't bring in the ideal demographic (too many underage people not drinking/gambling). So it's not like Steve Chappell gets first pick of everything when he is trying to book stuff.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:05 pm

roger/over wrote:On Saturday, rainbowgirl wrote that most of the Summit results were now posted on dyestatcal. I guess they are, but the display I get there is of black text on almost-black background and unreadable. Does anyone else have this problem, and have you found a way to correct it?

You could try saving the images (they are just photographs of the results) to your hard drive and opening them in another program. If you are a Mac person, you could open them in iPhoto and adjust the brightness and contrast. For a PC, I don't know.

DLS
PV Newbie

Unread postby DLS » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:38 pm

Does anyone have results to the Open Mens? It is not listed at the Dyestat link.

KirkB
PV Rock Star
Expertise: Former College Vaulter; Former Elite Vaulter; Former Coach; Fan
Lifetime Best: 5.34
Favorite Vaulter: Thiago da Silva

Unread postby KirkB » Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:59 pm

Roger and others ...

The results are pics taken of printed pages - a very odd way to publish results. :confused:

It's tedious, but on Windows XP or Vista system, right click on each hyperlink, save each file to your hard drive (create a new "Summit 2009" folder for these), using "Save Target As ...". They will be saved as .jpg files.

Double-click on these files in Windows Explorer, and the Microsoft Picture Manager will open them (usually). Click on the Auto Correct button, to fix the contrast. Then zoom to about 150% or 200% and everything should be perfectly readable.

Roger, if you need any more detailed instructions, please email me, and I'll walk you thru it. Or just ask on here - for the benefit of all.

Kirk
Run. Plant. Jump. Stretch. Whip. Extend. Fly. Clear. There is no tuck! THERE IS NO DELAY!

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:00 pm

KirkB wrote:Roger and others ...

The results are pics taken of printed pages - a very odd way to publish results. :confused:

A much faster way to view the results than waiting for the Summit staff to get them online... some years this takes them weeks. Plus they always post them as Excel documents which is really annoying.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:01 pm

DLS wrote:Does anyone have results to the Open Mens? It is not listed at the Dyestat link.

Ben Allen told me he won the Open Men 1 competition with 5.30, he said there were a few guys at 5.20. That's all I know. I was officiating at that time and my pit was the first one done and we headed straight back to the hotel.

master
PV Lover
Expertise: Masters Vaulter, Volunteer HS Coach, Former College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 4.36m

Unread postby master » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:42 pm

EDIT:
Since the results are now posted here
http://www.polevaultsummit.com/2009Results.html
I am deleting the images of the results posted on my web site as of today, Jan 9, 2009
- master

roger/over wrote:On Saturday, rainbowgirl wrote that most of the Summit results were now posted on dyestatcal. I guess they are, but the display I get there is of black text on almost-black background and unreadable. Does anyone else have this problem, and have you found a way to correct it?

As a favor to all those interested, I have processed (to some extent) the images of results and posted them on my web site. I will keep them there for a while, probably until the Summit organizers get there posting done.

You can get the results images here. (EDIT: link deleted)
- master
Last edited by master on Fri Jan 09, 2009 4:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

roger/over
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter; Former Elite Vaulter; University Coach; Masters Vaulter; PV Stats
Lifetime Best: 4.60 at 44
Favorite Vaulter: Stacy Dragila

Unread postby roger/over » Tue Jan 06, 2009 5:39 pm

PV Master wrote:

"As a favor to all those interested, I have processed (to some extent) the images of results and posted them on my web site. I will keep them there for a while, probably until the Summit organizers get there posting done."

Thanks very much! And thanks to Kirk for offering his help. The copies that Master has done are readable, and that's all I needed.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:05 pm

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:18 pm

“…The Pole Vault Summit, the biggest gathering in any one event in the sport…”- Doug Speck of ESPN Rise/DyeStat.

We are proud and honored to be a part of such an enthusiastic group of people. On 11 runways, the 2009 National Pole Vault Summit held 57 competitions, accommodating approximately 1,700 registered entrants. While the early dates made for a lot of short run vaulting, we saw a number of fantastic Personal Records and great jumping in all divisions. Our Elite Men and Women highlighted some of the best Rising Stars in the Pole Vault with the focus on the Road to London, the site of the 2012 Olympic Games. Keep a close eye on these upcoming stars during the next few years!

The most exciting part of for the grassroots vision of the Pole Vault Summit is the growth of our beginner group and young athletes coming to learn about the Pole Vault. This year we 76 registered beginners, 40 athletes registered under the age of 13, and 21 athletes under the age of 12; with our youngest vaulter jumping at age 6!

Planning for the 2010 Pole Vault Summit is underway, including some exciting videos, captivating speakers, and more convenient dates!! We are lobbying to solidify the dates for mid to late January. You will be notified as soon as those dates are set!

We have a lot of exciting new things lining up throughout the 2009 seasons leading up to the 2010 Pole Vault Summit, including a brand new interactive website! As always, it is great to see the vaulting community all under the same roof and we look forward to watching your results throughout the year. Thank you for making the Pole Vault the best sport in the World!

Sincerely,
National Pole Vault Summit
www.polevaultsummit.com

That's a little deceptive... less than 1,000 people competed, but I'll believe that 1,700 registered once you factor in coaches, parents, staff, etc.

Despite the decreased attendance, still a phenomenal event. I look forward to seeing what next year brings with a better date.

Return to “Pole Vault Summit”