Hartwig

Discussion for all things related to the National Pole Vault Summit held annually in Reno, Nevada.
DBH027
PV Nerd
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Masters Vaulter, High School Coach, Former College Coach

Hartwig

Unread postby DBH027 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:21 pm

Since the WMA lists Grigory Yegorov as the current indoor world record holder for 40-44 at 5.20, does that mean Hartwig is going to jump indoor and erase that? I understand Earl owns some of the records and Jeff didn't want to break those, but since Yegorov (who I think is from Kazakstan) broke the record in 2007 I would think it is now free game.

The reason I ask is that there are several potential records that could fall at the summit and I saw where Masters are jumping on Friday with the Elites. Is that true, how will that work? Would be nice to jump to AC/DC pumping though!

Anyone have any information on this?

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Re: Hartwig

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Nov 15, 2007 3:44 pm

DBH027 wrote:Since the WMA lists Grigory Yegorov as the current indoor world record holder for 40-44 at 5.20, does that mean Hartwig is going to jump indoor and erase that? I understand Earl owns some of the records and Jeff didn't want to break those, but since Yegorov (who I think is from Kazakstan) broke the record in 2007 I would think it is now free game.

The reason I ask is that there are several potential records that could fall at the summit and I saw where Masters are jumping on Friday with the Elites. Is that true, how will that work? Would be nice to jump to AC/DC pumping though!

Anyone have any information on this?

The way they did it in the past was the elites were on the two pits right in front of the bleachers and the masters were kind of off in the corner at a weird angle where you couldn't really see what was going on.

Hopefully they'll change the setup so that people can see both at the same time, but they won't be jumping "with" the elites per se.

Return to “Pole Vault Summit”