Women may beat men in sprint by 2156

A forum to discuss other track and field events besides the pole vault.
i_heart_pv
PV Fan

Unread postby i_heart_pv » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:11 am

KYLE ELLIS
PV Lover
Expertise: former college vaulter, Current college coach
Lifetime Best: 5.26
Favorite Vaulter: bubka

Unread postby KYLE ELLIS » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:23 am

well if women are running 8seconds flat in the 100 i guess yhey will be pole vaulting 25 ft! Thats a ridicoulous article and the reason women are increasing faster than men is because womens sports are gaining more popularity.
On a whole new level 6-20-09

mdavis2685
PV Whiz

Unread postby mdavis2685 » Mon Oct 04, 2004 12:53 pm

that article is ridiculous not to be sexiest in anyway but women wont be able to run faster than man, it seems as though the women are progressing quicker than us because we are reaching the limit, and the women havent, i do believe there is a limit on how fast a human can run. maybe women might come closer to us but their WR will never beat our WR in the 100

Lord of the Poles
PV Master

Unread postby Lord of the Poles » Mon Oct 04, 2004 1:14 pm

mdavis2685 wrote:that article is ridiculous not to be sexiest in anyway but women wont be able to run faster than man, it seems as though the women are progressing quicker than us because we are reaching the limit, and the women havent, i do believe there is a limit on how fast a human can run. maybe women might come closer to us but their WR will never beat our WR in the 100

I agree. As they have said, neither of us have reached a plateau, and also that we have been running competively like this for a much longer time. We're plateauing soon, and the women still have a while to go. while they WILL get close to us, they will never surpass us.

I'm not being sexist, I just think the article is ridiculous and doesn't point out the simple fact that speeds of progression has NOTHING to do with how good they really are. They're just progressing faster. that doesn't mean they'll ever be faster than us. They make it sound like there's no such thing as a limit, and that neither gender will ever plateau.
All Hail the Legendary Sobe Beverage

Blackened Sun - My Personal Site

theflyingkorean
PV Follower

Unread postby theflyingkorean » Mon Oct 04, 2004 6:41 pm

It might be possible if they allow for the dna manipulation and for people to make their dna the way they want! ;)

un poco loca saltar
PV Fan

Unread postby un poco loca saltar » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:11 pm

heck, why wait that long? women can beat lots of people! Dont go making sexist comments now. Sure we all know that men have a little molre muscel mass than females, but then again, they dont have to comensate for bones that are heavier and stronger like women do. Something about having big hips is like the only thing that I can see that might limit our ability, but that's not handicapping us in anyway so far! so we wont let it!

VaultMarq26
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, College Coach,

Unread postby VaultMarq26 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 1:37 pm

un poco loca saltar wrote:heck, why wait that long? women can beat lots of people! Dont go making sexist comments now. Sure we all know that men have a little molre muscel mass than females, but then again, they dont have to comensate for bones that are heavier and stronger like women do. Something about having big hips is like the only thing that I can see that might limit our ability, but that's not handicapping us in anyway so far! so we wont let it!

An average man had higher bone mineral density than a woman.
Man Up and Jump

ryansanta
PV Whiz

Unread postby ryansanta » Fri May 05, 2006 7:40 am

hahahaha

but really, we all know the world ends before then...

LancerVaulter07
PV Pro

Unread postby LancerVaulter07 » Fri May 05, 2006 8:49 am

ryansanta wrote:Women may beat men in sprint by 2156

hahahaha

^^ haha, i was thinking the same thing.. are we [the world] even going to be around in 2156??
"Just Fly"

un poco loca saltar
PV Fan

Unread postby un poco loca saltar » Fri May 05, 2006 7:36 pm

LancerVaulter07 wrote:
ryansanta wrote:Women may beat men in sprint by 2156

hahahaha

^^ haha, i was thinking the same thing.. are we [the world] even going to be around in 2156??

lol, yeah, the world might still be going around then, but everything will STILL cause cancer, people will still be polevaulting, and geoge bush's ears will still be a mile wide even he'd have been dead for decades.

Lax PV
PV Follower
Expertise: Former HS and college vaulter, college and HS level coaching, CSCS certified
Lifetime Best: 475
Favorite Vaulter: Tarasov

Unread postby Lax PV » Mon May 22, 2006 10:50 am

un poco loca saltar wrote:heck, why wait that long? women can beat lots of people! Dont go making sexist comments now. Sure we all know that men have a little molre muscel mass than females, but then again, they dont have to comensate for bones that are heavier and stronger like women do. Something about having big hips is like the only thing that I can see that might limit our ability, but that's not handicapping us in anyway so far! so we wont let it!

Weight bearing activity increases bone density. There are a few women out there that are stronger than a lot of men, but that is def. not the norm. Thus, men will grow to have stronger, and heavier bones. As far as the main difference in men and women, that is testosterone. Testoterone (the main male sex hormone) inhibits protein synthesis which the inhibits muscle growth. Bigger muscle means more force production... you get the idea. Not to say that it can't happen, but right now the womens record in the vault is increasing at an alarming rate simply because it is so new. If you used the same thought process, they would be vaulting higher then men in a decade or two. In the history of athletics, the women's record has been about 90-92% of the men's, this puts the women's vault at about 18', which would be consistant with the 'Manifesto.' But in an event like the 100m dash, given the biological energy system that is used, without any serious changes to the human race, won't happen.

...just my two cents....however, the idea about the recods changing at different rates is an interesting of a point of view :)

Return to “General Track and Field”