USATF unveils new logo and new website design

A forum to discuss other track and field events besides the pole vault.
rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

USATF unveils new logo and new website design

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Nov 29, 2006 8:07 pm

http://www.usatf.org/news/view.aspx?DUi ... 9_08_50_57

USATF unveils new look
11-29-2006

Jill Geer
Director of Communications
USA Track & Field
317-713-4663
INDIANAPOLIS - With a unified look capturing the aspirations of the sport and the inspiration of its athletes, USA Track & Field on Wednesday will unveil a new logo and branding campaign for the organization. The new look will be introduced Wednesday evening at the Opening General Session of the 2006 USATF Annual Meeting in Indianapolis.

The logo features red wings surrounding a blue star, located over a graphic of "USA Track & Field." The mark is the centerpiece of a new image for USATF that includes lettering with a clean, modern look, and a deepened color palette. The look will anchor a branding campaign that will be implemented over the next 18 months and will take the organization into the next Olympiad and beyond.

The mark replaces the two logos currently used by USATF - the inverted "triangle" logo used by the organization and Associations and the "winged" or "shield" logo identified most often with Team USA. The new logo will be applied to all USATF merchandise, Web site presences, publications and official correspondence and other materials. Individual logos for each of USATF's 57 Associations, based on the new mark, also are in development.

"The new brand I.D. system effectively unifies USA Track & Field, conveying that we are a premium brand," USATF CEO Craig Masback said. "Using the classic track and field imagery of the winged foot, the logo will apply to all areas of the organization, from grass roots to our elite athletes. Members and fans of the sport will be able to see that mark on our athletes and be able to feel like they're part of it."

New products featuring the logo, including Nike Dri-fit apparel, are being unveiled this week at the USATF Annual Meeting. Additional items will be available at the USATF online store. Items are expected to be available via retail outlets in the third and fourth quarters of 2007.

"This new look will speak more clearly to consumers and allow the brand to go to market," USATF Marketing Director Ivan Cropper said. "It also provides an even stronger platform for our corporate partners as we look to expand and strengthen our marketing efforts in the future."

To see USATF's new logo and image, visit www.usatf.org
Last edited by rainbowgirl28 on Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:43 am

Wow new website design too. http://www.usatf.org/

Return to “General Track and Field”