Holly Bleasdale to train in UK full-time

News about pole vault competitions that occur outside the US and international pole vaulters.
rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Holly Bleasdale to train in UK full-time

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:41 am

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/othe ... ff-4723352

Holly Bleasdale set for permanent Cardiff switch
26 Jun 2013 20:46
The European Indoor pole vault champion had been splitting her time between Wales and Arizona but will now base her training at the National Indoor Athletics Centre in Cardiff.

European indoor pole vault champion Holly Bleasdale has confirmed she will revert to training in Cardiff and work full-time with Scott Simpson.

Bleasdale had been splitting her time between Wales and Arizona, where she worked with Dan Pfaff and Simpson, but will now base her training at the National Indoor Athletics Centre in Cardiff.

The 21-year-old won gold in a jump-off at the European Indoors in Gothenburg in March, but failed to record a height in the European Team Championships in Gateshead at the weekend.

She said: “The last eight months has been one of the biggest learning experiences of my career so far and Dan has done so much to help me address many technical issues.

“But I am really excited to be returning back to the UK full time. The combination of the support from the British Athletics medical team going forward and being able to continue developing what I have learnt now under Scott’s guidance means I have the best possible team around me.

“Unfortunately I’m going to miss the Sainsbury’s Grand Prix in Birmingham and the European Under-23 championships due to small injuries, but I am now looking forward to getting my body injury free in time for the World Championships in Moscow.”

Bleasdale finished sixth in the London Olympics last year and later split with long-time coach Julien Raffalli to work with Pfaff and Simpson.

Return to “Pole Vault - International”