It's all in the genes: Gataullin's younger brother 8.00 LJ!!

News about pole vault competitions that occur outside the US and international pole vaulters.
mowad1
PV Whiz

It's all in the genes: Gataullin's younger brother 8.00 LJ!!

Unread postby mowad1 » Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:07 pm

"The men’s long jump was won by Vitaliy Shkurlatov. He was not lucky that night with the wind that changed direction just during his jumps. So his best was only 8.19. Evgeniy Tretyak was second – 8.07 and Ruslan Gataullin the younger brother of the famous pole vaulter Rodion Gataullin was third with exactly 8 metres." (IAAF)

Bubka's son and now Gataullin's brother is doing well. 3rd at the Russian Championships with a jump of 26 feet. It is short of the olympic standard but it would be interesiting to know who were the most successful siblings/offspring in olympic history? Not just the pole vault either, if there have been siblings/offspring that is.

I vote for Carl and Carol Lewis! I think that their mother was also an olympian?

In four more years I believe that Chelsea and Jan Johnson will have the honor for the vault.

achtungpv
PV Rock Star

Unread postby achtungpv » Sun Aug 01, 2004 1:16 pm

His best from indoors is up near 27'. He was a 17'8.5" vaulter as a 20 or 21 year old and then decided to concentrate on long jumping. It would've been interesting to see how high he really could have vaulted. But I guess, the shadow of Radion is a difficult one to get out from under.
"You have some interesting coaching theories that seem to have little potential."

Return to “Pole Vault - International”