Renaud Lavillenie coming back from sprained ankle

News about pole vault competitions that occur outside the US and international pole vaulters.
rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Renaud Lavillenie coming back from sprained ankle

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:28 pm

From his Facebook, translated by Bing:

News: last week was a great week of training: cycling (mountain bike and road to make the land), fitness sessions, Poles sessions, sessions, races and jumps.
Unfortunately, Friday afternoon, at the meeting of plyometrics, I got a sprained right ankle missing bench. Nothing serious but I find myself so hard to treat the ankle properly.
So, I have right to upper body strength while waiting to be able to resume normal activity.

Good week to all, Renaud

What's new since Monday?

My ankle healing follows its course with sessions of physiotherapy and rest. It is evolving quite well.

Tomorrow, I will take the direction of Barcelona to attend the Centennial Gala of the IAAF where I invite. The opportunity to bring together the global family of track and field and it is a pleasure to be invited.

If all goes well, I will have to return to sports activities next week with for the bike to continue the rehabilitation and remain on work of the ankle in the axis.

Good week to all end.

Renaud

New this week.
My ankle heals rather quickly, I could therefore resume the bike today.
This will start to resume activities and spend before flying to the reunion Island Thursday for 2 weeks of national course.
Next step: the green light to run... no doubt in a week if all is well.
Good week to all, Renaud

palm1234
PV Nerd
Expertise: low
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Bubka

Re: Renaud Lavillenie coming back from sprained ankle

Unread postby palm1234 » Thu Dec 27, 2012 6:42 am

Back from 2 weeks training in the french island of La Réunion (in the Indian Ocean), Renaud improved on 4 PB, according to local newspaper

http://www.lamontagne.fr/auvergne/sport ... 80502.html

4 steps, 4,60 m (previous 4,50 m) ; 6 steps, 5,07 m (5 m) ; 8 steps, 5,40 m (5,30 m) ; 10 steps, 5,60 m (5,55 m).

Is it the training or the new coach ?

Return to “Pole Vault - International”