PV Mens Zagreb World Challenge Results

News about pole vault competitions that occur outside the US and international pole vaulters.
pinoyathletics
PV Nerd
Expertise: Pole Vault Fan
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Emerson Obiena

PV Mens Zagreb World Challenge Results

Unread postby pinoyathletics » Tue Sep 04, 2012 11:57 pm

Scroll down to bottom Pole Vault results. :confused: :)

http://pinoyathletics.com/2012/09/05/ht ... ords-fall/

airstryke4life
PV Beginner
Expertise: Ex-Pro, Fan, Parent, High-school Coach
Lifetime Best: 5.64
Favorite Vaulter: Danny Ecker

Re: PV Mens Zagreb World Challenge Results

Unread postby airstryke4life » Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:48 am

THANK YOU!

PinoyAthletics thank you for posting these results. It's great to show all of the awesome meets taking place abroad!

Too close for missiles...switching to guns-Stryke4life

pinoyathletics
PV Nerd
Expertise: Pole Vault Fan
Favorite Vaulter: Emerson Obiena

Re: PV Mens Zagreb World Challenge Results

Unread postby pinoyathletics » Wed Sep 05, 2012 10:14 pm

I'm glad that some other posters are covering event results as well. Otherwise the readers of my blogs head might explode from information overload. I'm not a Pole Vaulter myself Im a sprinter. But a lot of my good friends are Vaulters. I find Pole Vault a very interesting event. A lot of Vaulters come from Gymnastic, Jumping or even in some cases circus acrobat backgrounds.

Vaulting is an event especially in Womens which is really new in the Philippines, with the record only being 2.90, until the breakthrough of a Fil-american Pole Vaulter last decade who took it right upto 4.12m. In Mens it was a bit more established however it was another Fil-american Pole Vaulter who made it to the 1992 Barcelona Olympics and cleared 5.00m that set the bar. The event has been dominated by Filipino-Heritage athletes based in the states. So not surprisingly we have another one coming through Julio Alorro who has leapt 4.91m so far. But at age 22 he has several pole vaulting years ahead of him.

Something I found from observing Pole Vault is its one of those events like throws and maybe the Marathon in Track and Field where you have a longer life expectancy in the event. My Friend had a PB of 4.95m in his late 20s, and then he leapt close to it indoors at 4.93m when he was 40-45. Whereas in the sprints, your pritty much done by the time your 35. There are some exceptions such as Kim Collins, but you dont see sprinters winning at 35+, Christie was 32 and is the oldest olympic sprint champion.

Return to “Pole Vault - International”