European Athletics: Lavillenie 5,97, Otto 5,92

News about pole vault competitions that occur outside the US and international pole vaulters.
joebro391
PV Follower
Expertise: Current College Vaulter (Samford University)
Lifetime Best: 15'6
Favorite Vaulter: Duplantis, Borges, Bubka

Re: European Athletics: Lavillenie 5,97, Otto 5,92

Unread postby joebro391 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:55 pm

achtungpv wrote:Jeez, Lavillenie hit every single bar except for 5.87. Really needs to clean that up since those can easily go the other way.

I think he's been cleaning up a few things this season (hence his late arrival to competition). I think he's been trying to jump up better at take-off and to swing a bit longer. Though I must say that when the bar starts to get higher, he reverts right back to his old habits. Not sure if they'll continue with these fixes for next year. I think though that if he masters these elements, WR won't even be a question for him

achtungpv wrote:Also, shouldn't Holzdeppe's 5.77 been a foul since the bar touch the top of the standard? If so, Molte would've at least tied for the bronze.

It's all about final resting place. And it landed back on the pegs...right? Either way, if he's on, I think he could pop out a 5.90 at the Games. Looked like he was between poles here.

-6P
PR: 15'6 !!PETROV/6.40 MODEL!! http://www.youtube.com/user/joebro391

CB
PV Whiz
Expertise: PV Coach

Unread postby CB » Wed Jul 04, 2012 4:59 pm

dj
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Coach

Unread postby dj » Thu Jul 05, 2012 7:47 am

I think he's been cleaning up a few things this season (hence his late arrival to competition). I think he's been trying to jump up better at take-off and to swing a bit longer. Though I must say that when the bar starts to get higher, he reverts right back to his old habits. Not sure if they'll continue with these fixes for next year. I think though that if he masters these elements, WR won't even be a question for him

good points... i watched the 17 meter mark (six steps from TO) on all the jumps... Renaud included.. there was a strong relationship between "good" and "bad" runs... and the result. later in the competition when you point out he "reverts' his step seemed out more at the 17 meter mark... i have seen this be an issue for years.. even for Bubka. the pressure is on... the vaulter comes out of the start of the approach "faster" but doesn't push as well.. slightly tighter, hits to far out and begins to stretch, ever so slightly.. creating a none "impulsed" …flatter take off....

Tim Mack in 2000 compared to Tim Mack in 2004.. Tim's change/adjustment at the 2004 trials that he mentioned in his book was to keep a "tight" Mid.. 54-8 good.. to 55-6/56 bad..

dj
www.oneapproachrun.com

Return to “Pole Vault - International”