Ecker: 'I want to be back where I was'

News about pole vault competitions that occur outside the US and international pole vaulters.
achtungpv
PV Rock Star

Unread postby achtungpv » Thu Jan 29, 2004 9:28 pm

Wednesday 28 January 2004

Dessau, Germany – When telephoning the mobile of Danny Ecker, Germany’s Indoor Pole Vault record holder (6m), in the days leading up to his 2004 indoor debut last weekend, it was not unusual to get the automated answer, “this connection is temporarily not available." It was a message tinged with a certain irony as for a long time Ecker had lost another connection: that with world-class vaulting.

Due to a shoulder injury the 26 year-old, who was once seen as one of the world's greatest vaulting talents, had been unable to compete for more than one and a half years.

However, Ecker is again a happy man having finished 8th with 5.40m in his comeback competition in Dessau last Sunday. It was not a spectacular comeback, but that was not what counted. “It was so important for me to have a competition again. I am happy to be backâ€Â
"You have some interesting coaching theories that seem to have little potential."

Return to “Pole Vault - International”