EssxSport has first qualifier for World Junior Championships

News about pole vault competitions that occur outside the US and international pole vaulters.
completemadness
PV Wannabe

EssxSport has first qualifier for World Junior Championships

Unread postby completemadness » Sun Jan 18, 2004 7:51 pm

COMPLETE MADNESS SPORTS - PRESS RELEASE

Sheffield, England & Houston, Texas - January 19 2004.

ESSX Support for World Junior Athletes produces top result.

EssxSport Corp. (ESXS), a Nevada corporation (www.essxsport.com), in conjunction with Complete Madness Sports Limited of the UK is pleased to announce that the strategy adopted by both companies to assist athletes with an opportunity to compete at the 2004 World Junior Championships has produced the first qualified athlete using EssxSport vaulting poles.

UK National athlete Keith Higham took first place at the Northern Indoor Championships, held this weekend in Sheffield, England. More importantly for Keith, he set a new personal best of 5.10m (16' 8") which took him to fourth place on the UK all time lists for a junior athlete indoors. Most importantly, however, it was also the World Junior qualifying height for the forthcoming championships in Grossetto, Italy in July 2004.

Keith becomes the first qualified athlete from the UK, the trials for the World Juniors will be held in June 2004.

"I competed on my full run on the ESSX poles for the first time this weekend. I felt I was going very high and looking back at the video I was, I entered the competition at 4.70m and it appears I cleared it by a meter! I really should have gone higher, but I didn't get my timing right at 5.20m.", said Keith, who was ecstatic after the competition.

"Congratulations to Keith from all the team at EssxSport. We hope this will be the start of a tremendous season for Keith. We made a decision in 2003 to try and support the next generation of athletes in Europe and Oceania and have been working, through Complete Madness Sports, with some of the top junior athletes who look like having a chance of making it to Grossetto", said CEO of EssxSport Bruce Caldwell, on hearing the news, " Keith is using our new Carbon poles which we have just launched into the UK market."

"Keith and his father approached me in 2003 and asked if Complete Madness Sports could assist in getting Keith the range of poles he felt he needed to take the next step. Working with Bruce we identified the correct set of poles for Keith using EssxSport patented XLogic pole selection system, and the results have been fantastic. We join EssxSport in congratulating Keith on his achievements."

For more information please contact info@completemadness.com

End of Release
www.completemadness.com

swtvault
PV Pro
Expertise: Part time semi elite vaulter--5.35 season best in 2009
Lifetime Best: 5.52

Unread postby swtvault » Sun Jan 18, 2004 8:26 pm

Congratulations to Keith, Warren, and the folks at ESSX for a job well done!
Retain faith that you will prevail in the end, regardless of the difficulties.

Stockdale Paradox

jhesch
PV Pro

Unread postby jhesch » Sun Jan 18, 2004 9:36 pm

congrats on the good work gettin them great poles all around the world!

Bruce Caldwell
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: It is all about Pole Vaulting. I even catch the competitors poles!
Lifetime Best: 15'8"
Favorite Vaulter: Kjell Issakson, Jan Johnson

Video of the jumps

Unread postby Bruce Caldwell » Mon Jan 19, 2004 4:55 pm

Here are the jumps of Keith on video 5.10m
If you want to see a real nice vault look at this PV POWER POSTERS!!!

http://www.carlislehome.fsnet.co.uk/kei ... oclips.htm

Return to “Pole Vault - International”