Tatiana Grigorieva visits Kadina

News about pole vault competitions that occur outside the US and international pole vaulters.
rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Nov 11, 2003 8:06 am

Click on the link to see the pictures that go with the story...

http://kadina.yp-connect.net/~ypct/news/03/11/11/3.html

Tatiana Grigorieva, Olympic silver and Commonwealth gold medallist in the pole vault, visited Kadina yesterday (Monday) to promote her non-profit Gift for Dreams Foundation at a combined service clubs' dinner at the Kadina and District Recreation Centre.

During the afternoon, amid a hectic schedule, Tatiana visited the Kadina Primary School, and then visited Peter and Valmai Toole's "Ducatoon Park" horse stud.

There she met a three year-old filly, which had been named after her.

"Queen Tatiana" was born a few days after Tatiana won silver at the 2000 Sydney Olympics.

Tatiana Grigorieva, Olympic silver and Commonwealth gold medallist in the pole vault, visited Kadina on Monday (yesterday) to promote her non-profit Gift for Dreams Foundation at a combined service clubs' dinner at the Kadina and District Recreation Centre.

During the afternoon, amid a hectic schedule, Tatiana visited the Kadina Primary School, much to the delight of all students, staff and onlookers.

Time was tight, but she threw the assembly open to the children by allowing a question time.

The students' questions were many and varied. The first was a request to sign a Rexona deodorant can! Some of the younger students would not identify Tatiana with the Olympics, but can identify her with the TV commercial.

Another was "How did you feel at the Olympics? "It was scary", she replied. "Jumping in front of 110,000 people made me nervous, but I was still excited."

Tatiana is currently in training for the Olympics next year, and trains up to eight hours a day, six days a week. Her training includes running, gymnastics, weights and stretching. She

hasn't picked up a pole since the World Championships in Europe in August this year.

According to Tatiana, she wants to be a top athlete, and loves training. "If you don't enjoy what you are doing, then go do something else."

Manager, Rick Carter said "If someone told Tatiana doing 100 push ups now in the middle of the school quadrangle would increase her Olympic chances, she would attempt it straight away. Such is her love of her sport and her commitment to it."

Return to “Pole Vault - International”