Mecham in Finland

News about pole vault competitions that occur outside the US and international pole vaulters.
Mecham
PV Lover

Unread postby Mecham » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:21 am

Oh! I just remembered, I am going to Lahti next week! Perfect, I can go find out about it. Do you know what the name is or anything like that? or what road it is on? If not, I can find out. Thanks
Just you wait...

Bubba PV
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, High School Coach, College Coach, Former Elite Vaulter, Masters Vaulter, FAN
Lifetime Best: 5.51
Favorite Vaulter: Bubka

Unread postby Bubba PV » Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:31 am

Many thanks Mecham. I'll get some info for you about the meet and we'll get together. It's a definite on my schedule next year as I'll be at the bottom of the M55 age group. Thanks again and enjoy your mission. Please find out how we can request your help. Take care. Doug
Bubba Sparks - www.bubbapv.com

Support Becca & Pole Vault Power

Mecham
PV Lover

Unread postby Mecham » Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:48 pm

Well... I hate to say it guys, but I had to come home from Finland for a bit to have surgery. I had my hip surgery. Bummer huh? But, I should be able to go back at the end of the summer.

Hey, when is the date of the masters meet in Spokane again? I'd like to come now that I have the chance.

And if you guys want to read about my surgery and everything else, I am blogging about it at my website. http://www.jaredmecham.com

If I can help you guys with the meet at all at SFCC, just let me know!
Just you wait...

ladyvolspvcoach
PV Follower

finland

Unread postby ladyvolspvcoach » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:28 pm

Mecham, nobody can forget you, dude!! Hey, email DJ he is in Lahti now! I think there is a meet there this weekend...

Bubba PV
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, High School Coach, College Coach, Former Elite Vaulter, Masters Vaulter, FAN
Lifetime Best: 5.51
Favorite Vaulter: Bubka

Unread postby Bubba PV » Fri Jun 27, 2008 7:45 pm

Heal good Dude!!

I've had a few emails with DJ over there.

Here's the link to Masters Nationals in Spokane. Bubba

http://www.usatf.org/events/2008/USAMas ... pionships/
Bubba Sparks - www.bubbapv.com

Support Becca & Pole Vault Power

dj
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Coach

Unread postby dj » Sat Jun 28, 2008 3:52 am

good morning

i'm in lahti.. and have training today at four..

weather is awesome this morning..

the "Finish" pole vault summit is going on about 2 hours west of here.. i am taking our junior (4.70m) vaulter tomorrow.. they have five pits and all off there finals for all levels are tomorrow.. it will be fun,,

i went to a "hurdles" feistival two days ago.. hurdles from 9 am to 10:30 pm.. kids to their national record holder.. men aand women.. it was awesome...

truly awesome..

Finland is an exceptional place.. the best place i have ever visited or worked..

i am collecting contacts for everyone..

dj

Mecham
PV Lover

Unread postby Mecham » Sat Jun 28, 2008 2:27 pm

Is the summit in Turku? I lived there for quite a while. A really great city. You'll have to let me know how it goes and if you see any American's from my church helping out at the meet. They'll have black name tags on. Be sure to tell em' Hi from me. lol
Just you wait...

Return to “Pole Vault - International”