London 2017 PV Preview

News about pole vault competitions that occur outside the US and international pole vaulters.
PVstorm84
PV Wannabe
Expertise: High School Coach, Parent, Masters Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 4.83m
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Giuseppe Gibilisco

London 2017 PV Preview

Unread postby PVstorm84 » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:31 pm

London. It may rain. It may hail. It may bluster. IT WILL STORM. PV STORM.

I've been in the shadows but you better believe I've been watching. Here's how I see it, and how it's gonna be.

Sam "short bag" Kendricks - no travel concerns here for the man with the 15' bag of poles. Kendricks has found fireworks more often than the Army Reserves this year (1 weekend a month), but can the little man with the shiny dome find some gold?

Shawn "long bag" Barber - the defender. Slow year, fast lifestyle. Shawn is the man with the plan, and with mostly 5.60's this season, I feel the big ginger will have a big result at worlds. He's jumped high in this stadium before. He's gonna bend those 18' poles like Beckham and come out of the top like a big red bottle rocket.

Thiago "uh oh found another gear in the shed" Braz - can the boy with the lightning in a bottle history unleash another bolt?

Piotr "you're gonna hear me roar" Lisek - the screamer from the east. The big man with the big yell. The locomotive from Warsaw. The power plant. The linebacker. The big pole with the big pole. Don't look now. Actually, do cuz you's about to get run over. He's bringing it.

Pawel "I celebrate alone" Wojkowksi - we all saw the celebration snub in Lausanne after his PB. Wow. The hype is so real. The form is there, he's won it before, don't underestimate the snub master.

Rapha "SOS right standard official here I come" Holzdeppe - he gets better the closer he gets to missing the pit. If he commits to landing on the deck, his form suggests a dark horse medal.

Finally

Renaud "big daddy" Lavillenie- papa lav has a fresh baby, a new lease on life and a tried and true mentality. Here we go. The French freak is out for blood this time around. This man has to feed a family now. He's going scalping!

PV Storm Prediction:
1) big daddy renny
2) short bag Sam
3) big pole Piotr

Did I miss anyone?
In LZB We Trust.

Return to “Pole Vault - International”