Flex arm and swing drills

A forum to discuss overall training techniques, nutrition, injuries, etc. Discussion of actual pole vault technique should go in the Technique forum.
Naughty Joe
PV Newbie
Expertise: Junior year high school
Lifetime Best: 10'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Sam Kendricks

Flex arm and swing drills

Unread postby Naughty Joe » Sat Dec 19, 2015 5:41 pm

So i started bending last year and most of my bends I would plant and immediately collapse my flex arm. Anybody have any drills they did/remember for having a rock solid plant? Any tips for a strong flex arm? Thanks!

KirkB
PV Rock Star
Expertise: Former College Vaulter; Former Elite Vaulter; Former Coach; Fan
Lifetime Best: 5.34
Favorite Vaulter: Thiago da Silva

Re: Flex arm and swing drills

Unread postby KirkB » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:29 pm

Naughty Joe wrote:So i started bending last year and most of my bends I would plant and immediately collapse my flex arm. Anybody have any drills they did/remember for having a rock solid plant? Any tips for a strong flex arm? Thanks!

There's nothing wrong with your bottom arm collapsing. You don't need a "strong flex arm". Why are you calling it your "flex arm"? :confused:

I know you're not reading anything on PV Power, because there's no one on here that talks about a "strong flex arm". Or even a "flex arm". So where are you getting this information? :confused:

I think I told you before that the objective of pole vaulting is NOT to bend the pole, but apparently you're not taking my advice. :confused:

You need to find a coach, before you develop too many bad habits that will be hard to break. :idea:

Kirk
Run. Plant. Jump. Stretch. Whip. Extend. Fly. Clear. There is no tuck! THERE IS NO DELAY!

Return to “Pole Vault - Training”