Swing Up Faster and Stronger with Better Technique and Timing

A forum to discuss overall training techniques, nutrition, injuries, etc. Discussion of actual pole vault technique should go in the Technique forum.
KirkB
PV Rock Star
Expertise: Former College Vaulter; Former Elite Vaulter; Former Coach; Fan
Lifetime Best: 5.34
Favorite Vaulter: Thiago da Silva

Re: How to make your swing up stronger

Unread postby KirkB » Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:39 pm

advath wrote:
KirkB wrote:In your latest vid, you show a young vaulter that swings with the trail leg tucked from the get go. It may not be his fault. It may be the fault of the height of the device. But either way, he was not demoing real-world PV swing technique either.

OMG!!! ... Why are you so hostile?

Hostile? Not at all.

In your original post, you said:
advath wrote: This is what it really looks and feels like to keep your center of mass rising ...

So I'm trying to understand and visualize how your device simulates the "look and feel" of a real vault.

But your vids show swings that are either (1) too slow (and simulate only the second half of a swing) or (2) a seriously flawed early tuck of the trail leg.

I don't think it's too much to ask or suggest that if the device truly simulates the swing of a real-world vault, then in your marketing videos, let's see something closer to a real-world vault.

Honestly, I was trying to give you some constructive advice, TO HELP YOU!

You're actually doing yourself a disservice by posting vids that don't show a vaulter with a faster swing with a fully extended trail leg. All you have to do is put your device on a higher rack, find a better vaulter (that will show off your device a little better), and then videotape it! :idea:

And it seems that my suggestion of locating the device further back (at about a 60 degree angle from vertical) - heck, even just HOLD the device at that angle - would show off the benefits of your device far, far better! :idea:

Peace. :rose:

Kirk
Run. Plant. Jump. Stretch. Whip. Extend. Fly. Clear. There is no tuck! THERE IS NO DELAY!

advath
PV Whiz
Expertise: I have coached a 13' high school girl, 17' high school boy, NCAA Champion and number 1 HS sprinters

Re: How to make your swing up stronger

Unread postby advath » Sun Nov 22, 2015 8:14 pm

After trying it KIRK TRAINS ON ONE AND IS NOW SELLING THEM !!!!

Return to “Pole Vault - Training”