Broken Wrists...

A forum to discuss overall training techniques, nutrition, injuries, etc. Discussion of actual pole vault technique should go in the Technique forum.
Mecham
PV Lover

Broken Wrists...

Unread postby Mecham » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:46 pm

I dont really have them, but it seems like the way things are working that i might end up with them :dazed: I've been vaulting over 14' holding at 12'6 for a day or two and just two days ago (right after i was jumping 14) When i would plant, my wrists would snap and roll the pole to one side so i wouldnt jump with the right side of the pole. I just dont understand?! I am holding the pole like i usually do, and this just started happening. It really hurts my wrists. Has anyone had experiences like this? What should i do?
Just you wait...

ashcraftpv
That one guy
Expertise: Former College Vaulter (D1), Current High School Coach, 1999 Outdoor Big Ten Champion
Lifetime Best: 5.25m
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Jason Hinkin

Unread postby ashcraftpv » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:13 pm

it almost sounds like you're not planting straight. The only thing that would cause enough force for that to happen would be a crooked plant. This is just an educated guess, but are you getting a nice tall and straight plant? Something has changed in your plant to cause this.
PoleVaultPlanet is coming.....

Mecham
PV Lover

Unread postby Mecham » Thu Mar 17, 2005 4:02 pm

I dont know exactly what changed, but i was having a good day, and then just the next jump it happend. We usually have a towel in the box, but that doesnt ever do anything against me. Im not sure. I think we are jumping at practice today, i'll let you know the update.
Just you wait...

Return to “Pole Vault - Training”