High Bar Workout Video

A forum to discuss overall training techniques, nutrition, injuries, etc. Discussion of actual pole vault technique should go in the Technique forum.
KYSEAMAN
PV Whiz
Expertise: College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 17'10.5
Favorite Vaulter: Renaud

High Bar Workout Video

Unread postby KYSEAMAN » Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:30 pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0O4syEJeg2Y

Here is a little high bar workout we have been doing... we do 3 sets of each drill normally. Any thought on additional drills to throw in? We are somewhat limited on gymnastics equipment.
Follow me on Twitter @PVSeaman
www.takogrip.com - The ONLY pole vault grip tape.
Knoxville, TN

vault3rb0y
PV Rock Star
Expertise: College Coach, Former College Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 5.14m

Re: High Bar Workout Video

Unread postby vault3rb0y » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:28 pm

I think you have a lot of variety and complexity in that routine, perfect for this time of the season. As far as a workout, its great. I'd like to see some more swinging/rotating exercises a little closer to the season like free hips and kips, but thats not as much of a strength workout as it is technical workout. As for now, keep the variety but as the season progresses, settle into only a couple exercises that are most relevant to the vault, and do them faster/harder or even use ankle weights and do less sets. you're building great strength if you're doing all those exercise 3 times in a workout, but that strength won't mean as much unless it becomes powerful come competition time, so make sure you slowly transition into less reps/more power-oriented workouts as the season progresses.
The greater the challenge, the more glorious the triumph

Return to “Pole Vault - Training”