Clovis 2006?

A forum to post announcements about clubs, camps, or competitions. Old posts are moved to the appropriate regional forum below. This is also a forum where I make announcements regarding PoleVaultPower.com. All other posts in this forum will be deleted. Please read the descriptions of the forums below, if your post is not a club/camp/competition, it does not belong in this forum.
Carolina21
PV Whiz
Expertise: Former Elite Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 5.59

Clovis 2006?

Unread postby Carolina21 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:58 pm

Just curious if and when the street vault in Clovis was this year, and the qualifiers that lead up to it?
-Thanks
-Rise to the occasion
PR: 18' 4.0

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Apr 26, 2006 8:04 pm

You'd better call Coach Fraley to find out. He never puts any information online.

vaultmd
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Masters Vaulter, Coach, Doctor
Lifetime Best: 475
Favorite Vaulter: Laura Huarte

Unread postby vaultmd » Thu Apr 27, 2006 1:34 pm

It's pretty much always been first Friday in August. Don't buy a cross-country plane ticket without confirming, though.

Carolina Extreme
PV Follower
Favorite Vaulter: Chase Shealy

Unread postby Carolina Extreme » Thu Apr 27, 2006 10:23 pm

Chris,

I believe that I have his phone number if you need it. See you when we get back from Penn Relays.

:D
“Mediocre efforts are like meaty okra. It’s hard to chew and even tougher to swallow.” Rusty Shealy

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 12:34 pm

Clovis is Friday, August 4th. Coach Fraley hired me to get sponsorship and make a website and all that good stuff.

Clovis is pretty much invitation-only this year. He sounded iffy on whether or not there were going to be any qualifier meets.

The good news is USATF just granted us funding to fly the US women with the A standard (I assume this is the world champs A standard, because he said it was like 6 women), out to Clovis.

Not sure who will be back from Europe and who will be able to make it, but it should be a great meet!

I will let you all know when the website is ready.

pvkellie
PV Whiz
Expertise: Former professional pole vaulter
Lifetime Best: 15'4

Unread postby pvkellie » Thu Jun 15, 2006 7:49 pm

If he will let me come I would love to! I am retiring after this year and would love to do the famous "Clovis Street Vault" before I hang up the spikes!! I have the "A" standard so that makes things easy!!! I wanted to do it last year but my body didn't make. If it does this year count me in!! :D
Last edited by pvkellie on Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Jun 15, 2006 11:57 pm

pvkellie wrote:If you will let me come I would love to! I am retirning after this year and would love to do the famous Clovis Street vault before I hang up the spikes!! I have the "A" standard so that makes things easy!!! I wanted to do it last year but my body didn't make. If it does this year count me in!! :D

Yeah dude that is what I called you about yesterday. I forgot to call you again today, but you are definitely on the short list of people Fraley wants in the meet for sure. You will LOVE jumping there, it is such a great atmosphere. The kids are so close to the pit and cheering loud no matter what the height is, and there are t-shirts and stuff to throw to the crowd after every jump.

pvkellie
PV Whiz

Unread postby pvkellie » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:57 am

Sorry I didn't get back with you! Been a bit under the weather! How was your trip back? Where are you going to Grad school at? How's being back in Washigton? Hey did you get my post about wanting the pics from the induction and vautstock? if you could mail me a disk I would love it!!!! Are you going to come to the Riverfront Street vault? Miss you bunches ;) You should see Amy's belly!!!!

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Jun 16, 2006 12:15 pm

pvkellie wrote:Sorry I didn't get back with you! Been a bit under the weather! How was your trip back? Where are you going to Grad school at? How's being back in Washigton? Hey did you get my post about wanting the pics from the induction and vautstock? if you could mail me a disk I would love it!!!! Are you going to come to the Riverfront Street vault? Miss you bunches ;) You should see Amy's belly!!!!

The trip back was a blast. I start grad school in September at Seattle University. Being back home is great.

I will give you a CD next week because I am going to be in Indy for USAs!!! :D Take some pictures of Amy for me.

pvkellie
PV Whiz

Unread postby pvkellie » Fri Jun 16, 2006 5:31 pm

Your the best! Will have to go have some fun afterwards! I will have pics for you! They find out what they are having on Tuesday! ;)

newPVer
PV Pro

Unread postby newPVer » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:40 am

sorry if it sounds a little crazy, but where is clovis street? what state, and what city. If it is in SO-Cal i would love to go and watch and maybe get one of those free t-shirts your talking about.
Thanks
PR- 15-1
Great season, time to top it

SweetPVJumps
PV Whiz

Unread postby SweetPVJumps » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:46 am

clovis street vault is in clovis, CA, which is right near fresno.

Return to “Website News and Camp/Competition Announcements”