How to post your video to PoleVaultPower.com

A forum to post announcements about clubs, camps, or competitions. Old posts are moved to the appropriate regional forum below. This is also a forum where I make announcements regarding PoleVaultPower.com. All other posts in this forum will be deleted. Please read the descriptions of the forums below, if your post is not a club/camp/competition, it does not belong in this forum.
rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

How to post your video to PoleVaultPower.com

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Feb 25, 2005 12:39 am

I am adding a new section to Pole Vault Power Media for you guys to be able to watch video of each other.

http://www.polevaultpower.com/media/video

Want to see your video online? Here's how.

1. You must be an active member of the message board. Whether or not you are an active member is at my discretion.

2. You must email me the video clips you wish posted. Send an email with the file attached to becca@polevaultpower.com with the subject VIDEO.

The clips must meet the following requirements:
a. Each clip must be less than 5 megabytes.
b. Limit 3 clips per person.
c. You must include information on who you are (name, school, age, etc), and the importance of the jump (it was a PR, won the meet, a great jump, whatever).
d. Must be a quicktime (.MOV) or Windows Media Player file (.wmv)
e. Must be ready "as is". I do not have the time or skills to fix your video.

3. Be patient. I am a busy person, it might take a few days or weeks before I have the time to post it.

4. You can update the files from time to time, but don't overdo it. The purpose of this is for you to be able to showcase your best jumps, not show your jumps from every meet.

5. Consider donating. It's optional, but if I host enough of these, my web hosting bills will go up. That's fine, but consider pitching in. Information on donating to the website is here.

These rules will be updated as needed.

Return to “Website News and Camp/Competition Announcements”