Finalised itinerary for Altius clinics

A forum to post announcements about clubs, camps, or competitions. Old posts are moved to the appropriate regional forum below. This is also a forum where I make announcements regarding PoleVaultPower.com. All other posts in this forum will be deleted. Please read the descriptions of the forums below, if your post is not a club/camp/competition, it does not belong in this forum.
ZachmanPV
PV Newbie
Expertise: current collegiate vaulter
Lifetime Best: 15'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Jeff Hartwig and Mark Hollis

Re: Finalised itinerary for Altius clinics

Unread postby ZachmanPV » Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:45 pm

Too bad there wasn't one closer to St. Louis! I would have been signed up in a heartbeat!
"If your dream doesn't scare you it isn't big enough."- Kristine K. Stevens

altius
PV Rock Star

Unread postby altius » Fri Jun 21, 2013 12:38 am

I will be thinking of you as we fly over that area old son. Get along and have a chat with Todd Cooper some time! :yes:
Its what you learn after you know it all that counts. John Wooden

critter
PV Newbie
Expertise: Parent
Lifetime Best: NA
Favorite Vaulter: Tristan Slater

Unread postby critter » Mon Jun 24, 2013 3:50 am

My husband and I both attended Alan Launder's clinic at Dana Point, CA this week with our 15 year old son.
We have read B2B, and our son continues to watch the DVDs repeatedly. Alan is not only a wealth of knowledge, he is a wonderful teacher! He did not simply teach the B2B drills and point out flaws in our sons technique, he and Bubba Sparks provided direction for some simple drills to correct a few issues we have been struggling to overcome for some time. We flew from WV to CA for this opportunity and would follow him to the next session in TX if time and funds would allow it. I highly recommend any serious vaulters and/or coaches try to get to one of these clinics! In order for an athlete to successfully adopt any technical model, it is imperative that thier coach understands that model, buys into it and most importantly, knows how to teach it!

I also have to add a thanks to the Launders', Sparks', and Arkells' for all the hospitality, advice and knowledge shared with us and the other athletes. Truly an enlightening experience!

Tracy & Greg Bailey, & Tristan Slater :yes: :star:

ZachmanPV
PV Newbie
Expertise: current collegiate vaulter
Lifetime Best: 15'6"
Favorite Vaulter: Jeff Hartwig and Mark Hollis

Unread postby ZachmanPV » Tue Jun 25, 2013 11:28 am

Yeah I've talked to Coach Cooper quite a bit! He's on the other side of the state from me so I usually don't run into him alot but he is always helpful!
"If your dream doesn't scare you it isn't big enough."- Kristine K. Stevens

Return to “Website News and Camp/Competition Announcements”