VELOCITY PV CAMP DECEMBER 12,13

A forum to post announcements about clubs, camps, or competitions. Old posts are moved to the appropriate regional forum below. This is also a forum where I make announcements regarding PoleVaultPower.com. All other posts in this forum will be deleted. Please read the descriptions of the forums below, if your post is not a club/camp/competition, it does not belong in this forum.
LHSVaulterJJR
PV Whiz
Expertise: current college vaulter, former USATF and high school coach
Favorite Vaulter: David spivey, scott roth

VELOCITY PV CAMP DECEMBER 12,13

Unread postby LHSVaulterJJR » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:09 pm

Velocity Pole Vault Camp and Training School

December 12th 13th

VAULTERS AND COACHES WELCOME

We have a pv camp going on at lecanto, florida december 12 and 13th. This is a great camp to start off the early season, knock off some rust, and learn allot of information on the most important part of the pole vault, the basics! and of course more advanced tricks shall be taught. If you can get here you should. Early season is the best time to form GOOD pole vaulting habits instead of getting stuck in those bad habits many of us develop early on. Theres going to be a ton of great info and most of it you can take back home with you. (all the videos; and information given during the lessons will be given to you if you bring a 2gb usb drive) so you can have all the knowlege from our instructors with you year round! most coaches charge steep prices just for these video lessons,and youll get it free. Its a two day camp with some great coaching such as 18fter david spivey. Coach spivey has coached or is currently coaching all school record holders for the 3 schools in citrus county, in this past year he has coached a freshman first time vaulter to a 4th place finish at the state meet ,and has another high school girl gripping 14ft! Spivey is an excellent coach who can work wonders. He has also brought high school junior Jason Roberts from a pr of 11'9 from a full approach to a pr of 16ft from a 5 step in a matter of 5 months

IN ORDER TO KEEP THE CAMP AS PRODUCTIVE AS POSSIBLE, AND TO MAINTAIN AS MUCH INDIVIDUAL ATTENTION AS POSSIBLE, THE CAMP IS LIMITED TO 15 VAULTERS! SO HURRY AND SIGN UP! THERE IS NO RESTRICTION ON THE NUMBER OF COACHES THAT ARE ALOUD TO ATTEND.

A letter from the coach at jacksonville university and the coach of the high flyers pole vault club in northern florida.

Dave,
Thanks so much for sharing your home and allowing me to visit your practice for your Velocity pv club. I have been to clinics and practices all over the USA. When I visited your peaceful rural setting in the 100 degree heat I wasn't expecting much. What I witnessed was mindblowing. You have high expectations for all your kids. What I saw were a bunch of kids determined to live up to your expectations. They were performing tasks that were incredibly challenging and making them look routine. Why, because they have complete trust in you as their coach. You have instilled a confidence and work ethic in them that I have never seen matched by an entire group.
Your coaching style is a unique blend of passion,compassion, tough love,quick on the fly adjustments to cause and effect,tremendous technical knowledge- yet the ability to make it seem simple. You have a sixth sense of what each and every one of your kids need in terms of support. I have never witnessed a group this large where noone complained about anything. No excuses,no fear from any of your athletes,everyone smiling, having fun and quite simply the greatest coaching performance I have ever witnessed on any level. The community of Citrus county and the state of Florida is truly blessed to have such a special person and coach as yourself. You are an ambassador for all that is good about our great sport. I am so grateful that you allowed me to find out for myself what you already knew-- that you have produced something special for your kids in Citrus County. The rewards for this labor of love and your infite passion and knowledge are certain to follow.

Good luck next season and beyond. I will keep in touch. These kids of yours deserve nothing less than the best and that is what they have in a coach

$125 Saturday and Sunday for Vaulters $40 for Coaches

And $150 for a Coach and one Vaulter from same school

if you are interested please message me or call me at 607 643 3226 for registration forms and more info

OR

COACH SPIVEYS CONTACT INFO

352-601-4582 coachspivey@live.com

MORE INFO ON THE VELOCITY POLE VAULT CLUB, CAMPS AND PROGESS

http://www.myspace.com/velocitypolevaultclub

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/Ve ... ubFlorida/
Last edited by LHSVaulterJJR on Sat Oct 03, 2009 4:21 pm, edited 3 times in total.
loving life, making progress, exceeding expectations

KirkB
PV Rock Star
Expertise: Former College Vaulter; Former Elite Vaulter; Former Coach; Fan
Lifetime Best: 5.34
Favorite Vaulter: Thiago da Silva

Re: VELOCITY PV CAMP DECEMBER 12,13

Unread postby KirkB » Sat Oct 03, 2009 3:43 pm

LHSV, it's great to see that your Velocity PV Club has become successful, with David Spivey coaching. It doesn't matter what his PR is ... he's obviously a good coach! :yes:

That's a great letter of recommendation from the Jacksonville U. coach! :yes:

Vault safe! ;)

Kirk
Run. Plant. Jump. Stretch. Whip. Extend. Fly. Clear. There is no tuck! THERE IS NO DELAY!

LHSVaulterJJR
PV Whiz
Expertise: current college vaulter, former USATF and high school coach
Favorite Vaulter: David spivey, scott roth

Unread postby LHSVaulterJJR » Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:50 pm

Thanks kirk, we already put on a couple of camps down here, its been great exposing the vaulters to some of the vital information of the vault such as the plant, and watching them improve and learn. personally im surprised about magnitude of the common lack of basic vault knowledge, but hey thats what where here for and everyone on pvp is trying to improve.
loving life, making progress, exceeding expectations

dj
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Coach

Unread postby dj » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:08 am

good morning,

i am joining this camp with coach Spivey....

come on down.. it will be a blast and extemely educational..

dj

Return to “Website News and Camp/Competition Announcements”