Percy Knox Invitational 2010

A forum to post announcements about clubs, camps, or competitions. Old posts are moved to the appropriate regional forum below. This is also a forum where I make announcements regarding PoleVaultPower.com. All other posts in this forum will be deleted. Please read the descriptions of the forums below, if your post is not a club/camp/competition, it does not belong in this forum.
onetrkcoach
PV Newbie

Percy Knox Invitational 2010

Unread postby onetrkcoach » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:49 am

Hello,

My Name is Tim Wells,

I’m the founder and creator of the Percy Knox Invitational Track and Field Meet. In the past five years, this meet has grown into one of the largest track and field meets in California and neighboring states.

Our meet has pick up endorsements from notable corporations such as: Nike, Marriott, City of Santa Clarita, College of the Canyons, USC, Cal State Northridge, and Los Angeles Valley College.

I’m calling on ALL Facebook Users to reach out and open up their hearts to help save this meet which has touched so many of our kids across the state.

Unlike traditional track and field meets, the Percy Knox Invitational shares its proceeds with the local high schools track and field programs. Over the course of five years, we have helped raised over $65,000 to give to the local schools.

With the current state of our economy, school districts across America are struggling to keep their doors and after school programs open. We must find new ways to mentor our kids and provide them with a safe environment. Many of the parks and recreation type programs are just not there anymore. This void must not be allowed to fester and become filled by the inter city gangs.

We have made donation in the form of equipment, free entry into our meet, and cash donations. We have donated to various schools across California.

Here is a small demographic sample of some of the schools that we have reached out and donated to: Washington Prep, Dorsey, Crenshaw, Rancho Verde, Long Beach Poly, Fremont, Paramount, Inglewood, James Logan (No. Cal), Oceanside, Lawndale, Lynwood, Carson, Saint Mary’s, Golden Valley, Valencia, Pasadena, Taft, Palisades, St. Bernard, Lincoln, Cleveland, Reseda, Burroughs, Paraclete, Inglewood, Leuzinger, Serra, El Camino Real, Birmingham, Centennial (Compton), Highland, Artesia, and Marshall just to name a few

Like most businesses, our meet is in dire need of help; no one is going to help out these kids if we don’t. We can sit around and wait to see if the government is going to bail us out or we can try and fix it ourselves.

This year our event will feature a concert with Johnny Gill (My, My, My), Johnny Kemp (Just got paid), and the Sister Sledge (we are family). These artists have step up to the plate to help raise revenue to keep this meet alive.

Its not about track and field or sports programs in general; it’s about our kids. We are calling on anyone who could help us: churches, businesses, social groups and individual people who can donate their time, money, and support.

No donation is too small, we are asking for the pennies that you throw into the streets, the small change that you leave behind at the store. Mainly we need whatever support you can give us.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!! Pledge your support today.

Feel free to check out our website: www.percyknox.com call for further questions: Cell (323) 601-4896, email track@percyknox.com or donate to: Percy Knox Foundation P.O. Box 901567 Palmdale 93590

I would like to thank you for your time and consideration in advance.
Tim Wells

Chairman Percy Knox Foundation
Cell 323 601-4896
www.percyknox.com
track@percyknox.com

Chewiikua "Choo Choo" Knighten-Buggs
Meet Director
track@percyknox.com

Return to “Website News and Camp/Competition Announcements”