Pole Vault Power Picture of the Week #2

A forum to post announcements about clubs, camps, or competitions. Old posts are moved to the appropriate regional forum below. This is also a forum where I make announcements regarding PoleVaultPower.com. All other posts in this forum will be deleted. Please read the descriptions of the forums below, if your post is not a club/camp/competition, it does not belong in this forum.
rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Pole Vault Power Picture of the Week #2

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Nov 19, 2002 12:00 am

This is my UGA teammate Dave Lemen at the Alki Beach Vault last summer.

VaultFreak
PV Whiz

Unread postby VaultFreak » Wed Nov 20, 2002 12:02 am

I want to go to a beach vault!!
Pole Vaulters get high!

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Wed Nov 20, 2002 1:32 am

lol, we could have a desert vault here in a arizona.....use cactii as the standards and all, lol
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.
-Stephen King

AmyPoleVault
PV Fan

at the beach

Unread postby AmyPoleVault » Tue Nov 26, 2002 4:00 pm

oh man, the beach meets are so fun... good times with my team and McKane and Becca!!! :D
When the hurdles in life get to high... grab a pole

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Re: at the beach

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Nov 26, 2002 6:40 pm

AmyPoleVault wrote:oh man, the beach meets are so fun... good times with my team and McKane and Becca!!! :D

Always :yes:

PvaultinGirl
PV Whiz

Unread postby PvaultinGirl » Tue Nov 26, 2002 9:06 pm

oh darn! if only we had those up here!!! they sound like fun.
POLE VAULTING....Fear is NOT and option!

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Nov 26, 2002 10:22 pm

PvaultinGirl wrote:oh darn! if only we had those up here!!! they sound like fun.

They have a big one in North Carolina. That is not insanely far from you :P

PVDad
PV Nerd
Expertise: Parent, Fan, AAU and USATF Coach and Meet Director

Unread postby PVDad » Wed Nov 27, 2002 12:43 am

rainbowgirl28 wrote:They have a big one in North Carolina. That is not insanely far from you :P

Bob Berke's Wrightsville Beach Vault is a lot of fun for all and the venue on the beach is fantastic. Bob and his wife, as well as all of his other helpers, have done a wonderful job of getting this event up and running as a USATF and NAPVA recognized meet.

Hopefully the word will be spread a bit wider this year and we can get a better turnout. The friends we usually stay with scan all the local TV and newspapers and keep us apprised of how well the word is getting out. Having a few of the locals who weren't aware of the meet just wander over and watch with their jaws on the deck is very entertaining.

We normally drive down from So. NJ and it takes from 6 to 8 hours depending on traffic and pit stops. Steph's brother and his girlfriend normally fly the same distance in two hours and buzz the crew setting up on the beach the day before the event. (They're both commercial pilots!) ;)
That's my baby girl!!

PvaultinGirl
PV Whiz

Unread postby PvaultinGirl » Fri Nov 29, 2002 1:18 pm

hmm..well true, driving would take about a day or so (including stops and all) but there really is no way that i could ever go to one. i mean, i'm not that good and my parents would never let me go do something like that :( one thing that i might get to do tho this year is go up to RI for the Brown University Invitational and maybe vault there (if our team can go). that's pretty far away and i used to live up in RI!!! i like seeing the "pictures of the week" by the way. they are cool!!

PvaultinGirl
PV Whiz

Unread postby PvaultinGirl » Fri Nov 29, 2002 3:18 pm

lol. i just read over what i wrote and when i said " i'm not that good" i ment that i'm not all that good at pole vault. lol i think that it sounded like i was a bad grl or something. :devil:

PVDad
PV Nerd
Expertise: Parent, Fan, AAU and USATF Coach and Meet Director

Unread postby PVDad » Tue Dec 03, 2002 12:50 pm

PvaultinGirl wrote:lol. i just read over what i wrote and when i said " i'm not that good" i ment that i'm not all that good at pole vault. lol i think that it sounded like i was a bad grl or something. :devil:

But, but, but...... BAD GIRLS are exactly what we WANT on the beach!! ;)

Seriously though, what part of VA do you live in that it would take a DAY to drive to Wrightsville Beach? It's less than 4 hours from Norfolk/VA Beach!

The Beach Vault is for all comers, regardless of their level of expertise, and Bob makes it a memorable day for everyone.
That's my baby girl!!

PvaultinGirl
PV Whiz

Unread postby PvaultinGirl » Tue Dec 03, 2002 7:08 pm

really? sounds cool! i will have find out more about this then!! lol...i can be bad, when i want to. jk. it would take a loong time to get there( driving), beleive me. i'm like halfway between Richmond and DC.

Return to “Website News and Camp/Competition Announcements”