Pueblo State Fair Vault - Sept 5, 2009, Colo.

A forum to post announcements about clubs, camps, or competitions. Old posts are moved to the appropriate regional forum below. This is also a forum where I make announcements regarding PoleVaultPower.com. All other posts in this forum will be deleted. Please read the descriptions of the forums below, if your post is not a club/camp/competition, it does not belong in this forum.
MaxVault
PV Wannabe

Pueblo State Fair Vault - Sept 5, 2009, Colo.

Unread postby MaxVault » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:41 pm

Saturday, September 5th, 2009

Elite athletes – Support USA meets and enjoy good prize money, travel money, and a fun trip. High school, open and masters divisions too.

You are invited to participate in the 6th Annual Colorado State Fair Street Vault in Pueblo, Colorado!! Pole-vaulters from across the country will compete in three high-flying competitions in the sixth annual street vault. Pole-vaulters ranging from the high-school, college, elite, & masters level will compete.

This crowd friendly competition is designed to promote pole vaulting to the general public. After competing you can enjoy the fair’s other attractions. Vaulters will receive a meal coupon and t-shirt. You may wear a costume while vaulting, and interact with spectators & fellow athletes, and enjoy a live DJ. The elite session promises to be very exciting with prize money at stake under the lights. We’ve worked with numerous elite vaulters to plan the prize and travel structure for the maximum benefit.

Competition Dates & Times:
Saturday, September 5, 2009 – 11:00 a.m. – High School girls and open women – Entry fee $20.00
Saturday, September 5, 2009 – 2:00 p.m. – High School boys and open men – Entry fee $20.00
Saturday, September 5, 2009 – 6:00 p.m. – No entry fee - Open Elite session PROPOSED PRIZE STRUCTURE
1st $750 4th $300
*Women will receive a handicap for prize money 2nd $500 5th $200
3rd $400 6th $100
(We are committed to 1st thru 3rd as is, 4-6th may be modified depending upon entrants)

You must complete the following to be able to compete:

1. Become a USATF Member:
This is a USA Track & Field Sanctioned Event. Athletes must be USAT&F members to compete. You can be visit http://www.usatf.org to become a USAT&F member.

2. Call to inquire or commit and send your information to: Mark Pierson, 6498 Rock Springs Dr, Pueblo, CO 81005. Make checks payable to Mark Pierson. Registration deadline is August 21st, 2009. If you are under 18 be sure to have a parent or guardian sign the release form.

Elite athletes contact Pat Manson at 303-403-9111 or patmanson@msn.com . Book your flights into Denver or Colorado Springs. $100 travel stipends awarded by criteria with heavy weighting on early commitment to attend so call asap!!

State Fair admission ticket, parking pass and directions to the State Fair will be sent to you on or around August 26, 2009. Your T-shirt and meal ticket will be given to you when you check in at the pit.

If you have any questions regarding the street vault, please feel free to contact Pat or Mark anytime!

Mark Pierson Pat Manson
719-561-2995 303-403-9111
markpvault@earthlink.net patmanson@msn.com

2008 Results from the Elite competition: 2007 Result from the Elite competition:
1st Jeremy Scott 18’-0” 4th Rory Quiller 17’-0” 1st Derek Miles 18’-8” 4th Jackie Rodgers *12’-6”
2nd Paul Litchfield 17’-6” 5th Mathew Felton 16’-6” 2nd Daniel Ryland 17’-0” 5th Levi Keller 16’-0”
3rd Pat Manson 17’-0” 6th Sam Pierson 16’-6” 3rd Sam Pribyl 17’-0” 6th Paul Jensik 16’-0”

ATHLETE PROFILE – REGISTRATION FORM
COLORADO STATE FAIR STREET VAULT 2009

Mail completed forms and Entry fee ($20) to: Mark Pierson
(Entry deadline is August 21st, 2009) 6498 Rock Springs Drive
Pueblo, CO 81005

Name:_______________________________ Nickname:______________ Male ___ Female ___
Street Address: _________________________________ City: _________________________ State: ___________ Zip: ____________ T-Shirt Size (circle one): S M L XL
E-mail : ___________________________________ Phone no._______________________________
Costume:________________________________ Birthdate:___________________________
Birth Place: City: _____________________ State: _______________ Country: _______________
Married? _______ Any children? _______ Childrens names:_____________________________
High School attended: _______________________________________________________________ Date of Graduation or anticipated date: ______________ Personal Record: ______________
College attended: _____________________________________ Major: ______________________ Grad. Date: ____________________
USATF No: _________________________ (Must have in order to compete)
Hobbies, other sports, or other interests:_______________________________________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Accomplishments / Awards / Records / Special recognitions (not limited to Track & Field): __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
Competition times: 11:00 a.m. _____ 2:00 p.m. _____ 6:00 p.m. _____
(Check one) H.S. Girls, Open Women H.S. Boys, Open Men Elite Vaulters

Consent Form / Parent Release Form

I hereby authorize the organizers of the Colorado State Fair Pole Vault Competition to act for me according to their best judgement in any emergency requiring medical attention for ___________________________
(Competitors name)
I hereby give my permission to the physician selected by the organizers of the Colorado State Fair Street Vault to undertake appropriate medical steps toward the welfare of my child, as deemed necessary by the situation.

I hereby waive and release the organizers of the Colorado State Fair Street Competition of any and all liability for any injuries or illnesses incurred while participating at the above mentioned events.

Parent or Legal Guardians
Signature:__________________________________________ Date:______________
Last edited by MaxVault on Mon Aug 31, 2009 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Re: Pueblo State Fair Vault - Sept 5, 2009, Colo.

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:28 am

^bump

I have heard nothing but rave reviews from everyone who has been to this meet :yes:

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:41 am

http://www.chieftain.com/articles/2009/ ... 173543.txt

Sky's the limit for Fair pole vaulters

High-caliber competitors take to the air in the sixth annual event.
By JEFF TUCKER
THE PUEBLO CHIEFTAIN
Dozens of onlookers clapped and cheered as a 17-year-old girl gracefully flew over a 10-foot 6-inch-high bar in the middle of the concourse at the Colorado State Fair Saturday.

For the sixth straight year, pole vaulters from throughout the state and nation put on a show for Fairgoers, running full tilt down a makeshift track and launching themselves into the summer sky to the delight of the crowd.

In the afternoon, the pole vaulters engaged in a sort of hybrid exhibition and competition. But by 5:30 p.m., the athletes got serious.

The elite group was competing for prize money.

First place got $750. The rules for the competition are the same as any, said coach and event organizer Mark Pearson. But the narrow track on asphalt and the portable pits gave spectators a front-row seat to one of the most exciting track and field events.

The elite group featured seven men and two women, some of whom could clear bars of 19 feet or more.

The talent at the fair is top-notch and comes from all over the country, Pearson said.

The last two winners of the competition went on to compete in the world championships.

Pearson coaches vaulters from all four Pueblo city high schools. Some of his athletes competed Saturday, and his son brought some of his teammates from Idaho State University.

One competitor came from Arkansas to vault in Pueblo.

Pearson said that while most of the vaulters were high school and college students, the field of competitors wasn't limited to that age group.

"We had a 79-year-old guy vaulting this morning," he said.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 11:01 am

Return to “Website News and Camp/Competition Announcements”