Altius perambulations in the USA this summer.

A forum to post announcements about clubs, camps, or competitions. Old posts are moved to the appropriate regional forum below. This is also a forum where I make announcements regarding PoleVaultPower.com. All other posts in this forum will be deleted. Please read the descriptions of the forums below, if your post is not a club/camp/competition, it does not belong in this forum.
altius
PV Rock Star

Altius perambulations in the USA this summer.

Unread postby altius » Wed May 13, 2009 9:11 pm

Had a couple of requests for my itinerary this summer, so here goes.
May - 30/31 with Rick Baggett; Portland OR, June 9/10 with Dean Starkey, Phoenix AR, June 12/13/14 Oklahoma City OK with Tim McMichael, June 16/19 with Kris Alison New Braunfels., TEX, June 20 somewhere on a beach in TX with Bubba Sparks, June 21 at the Woodlands TX with Bubba and friends, June 28 -July 2 Columbia SC with LOjo and agapit, July 5/9 ditto, July 10 /12 Little Egg Harbor, NJ with Daniel Bertolami, July 15/16 Ellicot City Md with Coach Dodds and PV42, July 25/26 Coaches clinic. Boone NC with agapit and Daniel Isaacs, July 27/29 Appalation State Boone NCwith Daniel Isaacs +agapit???, July 30/ Aug 1 at Duke University NC with Shawn Willoghby. Aug 2nd up up and away to London.

Note no interest from California, Georgia, Arkansas, Florida, Illinois. Ohio. In some cases no response to a pm!

However ( except for the coaches clinic in Boone where Daniel isaacs will charge coaches a nominal fee to attend) this is an open invitation to any coaches who can get to those camps to attend free of charge, gratis, nada - to tell me --- how they do it, You have got the whole business completely wrong /dont know a thing about the vault/ why should an Aussie come to the US/ do you have any vaulters in Australia? etc etc. This will be your last chance because I am too old and decrepit to do this again - and I doubt you will even be able to argue with me on PVP in the future. Hope to see y'all.
Its what you learn after you know it all that counts. John Wooden

Bubba PV
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, High School Coach, College Coach, Former Elite Vaulter, Masters Vaulter, FAN
Lifetime Best: 5.51
Favorite Vaulter: Bubka

Re: Altius perambulations in the USA this summer.

Unread postby Bubba PV » Wed May 13, 2009 9:52 pm

As always, we can't wait to see you in Texas!! You're always a big hit here as I know you are at your other sites!! Bubba
Bubba Sparks - www.bubbapv.com

Support Becca & Pole Vault Power

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed May 13, 2009 9:58 pm

For those who like formatting and I cleaned it up a little...

May - 30/31 with Rick Baggett, Portland OR
June 9/10 with Dean Starkey, Phoenix AZ
June 12/13/14 with Tim McMichael, Oklahoma City OK
June 16/19 with Kris Alison, New Braunfels, TX,
June 20 with Bubba Sparks, somewhere on a beach in TX
June 21 with Bubba Sparks and friends, at the Woodlands TX
June 28 -July 2 with LOjo (Lawrence Johnson) and agapit (Roman Botcharnikov), Columbia SC
July 5/9 ditto
July 10 /12 with Daniel Bertolami, Little Egg Harbor, NJ
July 15/16 with Coach Dodds and PV42, Ellicot City, MD
July 25/26 with agapit and Daniel Isaacs, Coaches clinic. Boone NC
July 27/29 with Daniel Isaacs +agapit???, Appalation State Boone NC
July 30/ Aug 1 with Shawn Willoghby, at Duke University NC
Aug 2nd up up and away to London.

altius
PV Rock Star

Unread postby altius » Thu May 14, 2009 12:23 am

Becca - you will make someone a great wife one day -sorry forgot! Hope all goes well and that you are not camping in the forest. :yes:

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu May 14, 2009 12:26 am

altius wrote:Becca - you will make someone a great wife one day -sorry forgot! Hope all goes well and that you are not camping in the forest. :yes:

We live in a cute little log cabin in the woods at a State Park :star: If Rick drives you nuts, feel free to take a drive up the road to our place! We have a guest room and several extra beds :)

baggettpv
PV Master

Unread postby baggettpv » Thu May 14, 2009 12:28 am

And then off to Berlin to share some time with Vitaly and friends eh? I might be there.

Rick
Good coaching is good teaching.

altius
PV Rock Star

Unread postby altius » Thu May 14, 2009 6:35 pm

With sincere apologies to Shawn Wilbourn for misspelling his name in the post above. Shows that my brain has been really fried lately. :no:

KirkB
PV Rock Star
Expertise: Former College Vaulter; Former Elite Vaulter; Former Coach; Fan
Lifetime Best: 5.34
Favorite Vaulter: Thiago da Silva

Unread postby KirkB » Fri May 15, 2009 1:25 am

This seems like a much more appropriate thread to put this post, rather than the "Free Take off vs. Pre-Jump" thread.

Re: Free Take off vs. Pre-Jump
by altius on Thu May 14, 2009 8:29 am

Just a note to confirm that I will be unable to answer pms as I have in the past. It is time to take a break - this has nothing to do with my discussion with my friend Spencer. My commitment has been weakening since i was treated as persona non grata at the Summit this year -for reasons I still do not understand. This has affected me more deeply than I had thought. I have enjoyed my involvement with this great site and hope Becca can keep it running for years to come -a great contribution to pole vault education. All best wishes to y'all in the future.

Altius, I have thoroughly enjoyed all of your contributions on PVP. Altho you're sometimes rather gruff, you're technically almost always spot-on! :yes:

Since it sounds like your US Tour this year (starting 2 weeks from now in Portland) might be your last tour :crying:, I'm going to do my utmost to try to get down there to listen to you and Rick Baggett.

I suggest to all other American coaches that this is an excellent opportunity to learn something about PV. None of us is so knowledgeable that we don't need any more PV coaching information. Show me a PV know-it-all, and I'll show you a PV knows-less-than-he-thinks!

Heck, even Rick Baggett and Tim McMichael ... two coaches that I deeply respect, and might be as close as you can come to "knowing it all" ... understand that they can still learn from the author of BTB2 ... hence their hosting of you in their communities.

So if any of you American coaches are in the areas that Altius is touring this summer ... and especially if you have athletes attending the camps ... be sure to attend yourself! After all, it's one thing for a vaulter to learn something at the camp, but it's 100 times more difficult to apply what they learned throughout the year. That's where you - their coaches - come in.

And to the athletes that will be attending the camps ... be sure to personally invite your coaches to attend. Tell them that you NEED THEM to learn the same stuff you're going to learn, so that they can coach you to higher bars over the next 12 months! The "no charge for coaches" offer makes this a no-brainer!

Why would you NOT want to attend? :confused:

Again, Altius, thanks for contributing to PVP ... it's been a slice.

p.s. Another reason why I'm interested in observing you coaching in person in Portland is that I want to see if you're as gruff in real life as you are on PVP! Ha! ha! :D

Kirk
Run. Plant. Jump. Stretch. Whip. Extend. Fly. Clear. There is no tuck! THERE IS NO DELAY!

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri May 15, 2009 1:49 am

KirkB wrote:p.s. Another reason why I'm interested in observing you coaching in person in Portland is that I want to see if you're as gruff in real life as you are on PVP! Ha! ha! :D

Usually, but he has a soft spot in there somewhere too ;)

cdmilton
PV Follower
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Coach
Lifetime Best: 16-0(4.88)

Unread postby cdmilton » Fri May 15, 2009 9:10 am

Alan, I wish I could get you up to Minnesota sometime. It doesn't look like it would work with your schedule. Maybe you will change your mind and come back around in the future.
Chris Milton

Return to “Website News and Camp/Competition Announcements”