Altius at Appalachian State University

A forum to post announcements about clubs, camps, or competitions. Old posts are moved to the appropriate regional forum below. This is also a forum where I make announcements regarding PoleVaultPower.com. All other posts in this forum will be deleted. Please read the descriptions of the forums below, if your post is not a club/camp/competition, it does not belong in this forum.
vaultman18
PV Pro
Expertise: College Coach, Former College Vaulter
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Altius at Appalachian State University

Unread postby vaultman18 » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:24 pm

Alan is coming back to Boone NC. But this time he will be at the Appalachian State pole vault camp. The camp runs July 26-29 and is open to 9th-12th grades. Costs for Resident is $290 and Day is $225. You can pm for more info or check out the link below.

http://www.conferences-camps.appstate.edu/sports/trackandfield.php

LHSPVC
PV Newbie

Re: Altius at Appalachian State University

Unread postby LHSPVC » Sun May 10, 2009 11:06 am

Hey Vaultman18

Can you provide more detail? Is there a limited number of vaulters? Is Launder going to be there the entire time? Do the athletes need to bring their own poles? Is there a brochure specifically made for this camp? Sorry for all the questions, but my kids would be coming from Michigan. I would like them to know what they are investing in before going. Appreciate the feedback.
Aim for the Sky!

vaultman18
PV Pro

Unread postby vaultman18 » Sun May 10, 2009 7:03 pm

The camp is limited to the first 20 registered although I believe that is based on dorm space. So there could be more athletes who are commuting. I will check with the camps program and make sure. Coach launder will be at the camp from beginning to end. At the moment there is not a specific brochure for the pole vault camp. The pole vault coach at ASU is putting one together for me but I haven't received it yet. All vaulters are encouraged to bring there own poles if possible. We will have some poles available to those who don't. If you have any more questions please post them. :yes:

vaultman18
PV Pro

Unread postby vaultman18 » Sun May 10, 2009 8:08 pm

There is no limit for the pole vault camp as of now. We will only stop registration when the number approaches being too high for a quality camp.

altius
PV Rock Star

Unread postby altius » Sun May 10, 2009 9:14 pm

Note that we hope to precede the athlete's camp by a specific two day clinic for coaches - This is important so it will probably go ahead informally if the numbers dont justify a full effort. However agapit -aka Botcharnikov will be there for the coaches clinic and I may induce him to stay for the camp! I can also ensure poles for athletes at a basic level.

Everyone should know that I am not coming all the way from OZ to be involved in a slap and tickle -ie a fun camp. The athletes will be expected to bring their heads and their hearts with them with the intention of learning as much as they possibly can . we have no magic wands - the learning can only be done by the learner and if they set out to do this they will improve. Beginners are welcome but they must also be prepared to work hard!

If anyone interested does not know my background or that of Roman, you will find my coaching vitae on the board somewhere - while you will have to take my word for the fact that Roman is among the top five most knowledgeable coaches in the world. Many clinics on this board claim to be coaching the Petrov/Bubka model - we actually do so because we have been involved with both Petrov and Bubka! :yes: ;)

Remember that Boone is in a beautiful area - well worth a short holiday for parents!
Its what you learn after you know it all that counts. John Wooden

vaultman18
PV Pro

Unread postby vaultman18 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:30 am

Bruce Caldwell of Essx is going to let us raffle off a pole. Anyone attending the camp or coaches clinic will be eligible to enter the raffle for $10. The winner will get their choice of an Essx pole up to 14' shipped to them. :yes:

Thanks Bruce!

Return to “Website News and Camp/Competition Announcements”