Pole Vault Power Picture of the Week #1

A forum to post announcements about clubs, camps, or competitions. Old posts are moved to the appropriate regional forum below. This is also a forum where I make announcements regarding PoleVaultPower.com. All other posts in this forum will be deleted. Please read the descriptions of the forums below, if your post is not a club/camp/competition, it does not belong in this forum.
rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Pole Vault Power Picture of the Week #1

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Nov 06, 2002 2:03 am

This is Kristen, a girl I coached last summer at King's. She had just finished kindergarden. :)

I don't know if I will post something every week, but I will try!

PVJESS08
PV Whiz

Unread postby PVJESS08 » Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:58 pm

omg Becca, she is sooo cute! What size pole did she use?

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sun Mar 20, 2005 12:20 am

PVJESS08 wrote:omg Becca, she is sooo cute! What size pole did she use?

That was an 11' pole. She was gripping about halfway down the pole. She was 3'6" at the time.

I later made some poles out of broken crossbars for the kids to play with.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Oct 02, 2006 12:39 pm

^bump :D

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Re: Pole Vault Power Picture of the Week #1

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:13 pm

So I didn't think I'd ever see her again because her parents took her out of our school and were homeschooling, but one of my cross country kids told me she is back and a 7th grader now, and she remembers me :)

KirkB
PV Rock Star
Expertise: Former College Vaulter; Former Elite Vaulter; Former Coach; Fan
Lifetime Best: 5.34
Favorite Vaulter: Thiago da Silva

Unread postby KirkB » Wed Oct 15, 2008 3:44 am

Here's an action photo of this barefoot beauty!

cutestvaulter2.jpg
cutestvaulter2.jpg (64.48 KiB) Viewed 8104 times

I like the early plant! :yes:

Kirk
Run. Plant. Jump. Stretch. Whip. Extend. Fly. Clear. There is no tuck! THERE IS NO DELAY!

KirkB
PV Rock Star
Expertise: Former College Vaulter; Former Elite Vaulter; Former Coach; Fan
Lifetime Best: 5.34
Favorite Vaulter: Thiago da Silva

My First True Love

Unread postby KirkB » Fri Oct 17, 2008 10:05 pm

Pardon me for this nostalgic post ... it may be a little off-topic ... but after seeing the pics above a few days ago for the first time ... I feel compelled to tell you about it. You see, the pics reminded me of my first true love, back when I was in high school.

It was 1966, I was in Grade 10, and I didn't have much time or interest in romance back then. Sports was my life.

But she changed all that. I'd had a few crushes prior to her, but nothing too serious.

My first love - my Grade 10 sweetheart - came from a polish family, but was born in the US. I didn't know too much about her family history, but I know she was in Seattle for awhile before she arrived at my high school. I noticed her right away! What a beauty!

I know that this sounds like a cliche storybook romance, but seriously, I fell in love with her from the moment I first set eyes on her. Yes, it was love at first sight!

I guess what really reminded me of her was when I looked at the pics above and I saw the color ORANGE. That was my first love's color too. She was so tall and slender, and she had a really nice butt! ;)

My romance with her started out rather slowly, though. You see, she was different than all the others at our school ... but in a nice way. It took me awhile to get used to her, but once I got to know her and all her little idiosyncrasies, we spent quite a bit of time together, and we stuck together quite often! I hung out with her almost every day after school, and even on weekends.

She was quite flexible, and I was the only one that paid any attention to her. I took her to all my track meets, and we always had a great time together! What a beauty she was! And the more time we spent with each other, the more I began to understand her, and the more I loved her! Even more than when I first saw her!

This romance continued thru most of my 1966 track season.

I don't know if I should tell you this, but she even traveled with me on a weekend trip to Kelowna, where I slept with her overnight in the pole vault pit at the City Park Oval - the night before a big track meet there, no less. What a night that was! It was my first time ... sleeping in a PV pit!

Hey, gimme a break! We got into town late, the motels were all full, and I was just a young kid! What're ya gonna do? :)

We got along really well for awhile, but then she started to get more and more stressed out, and I didn't change the way I treated her. Instead of paying attention to her stress, I just went about my rigorous training and competition schedule, and continued to take her to all my meets. I should have noticed the warning signs, but I didn't. My bad.

Before the breakup, I knew that I was causing her too much stress. For the most part, she could handle any stress that I put on her, but in the end, I was just too tough on her, and finally one day, I didn't mean to do it, but I put so much stress on her that she just exploded!

I knew that sooner or later, my love affair with her would be over, but not like this! I didn't expect it to happen so suddenly!

To tell you the truth, she broke up on me, and I didn't even see it coming. I was too focussed on my pole vaulting. I didn't realize how fragile she was at that time. I realize now - 42 years later - that it was all my fault.

I'll never forget that day in 1966, and I'll never forget her! You see, my first love was ...

... my first fiberglass pole! An ORANGE 150-pound ThermaFlex pole! :)

Ahhhhh! what a beauty she was!!! :D

May she rest in pieces.

Kirk
Run. Plant. Jump. Stretch. Whip. Extend. Fly. Clear. There is no tuck! THERE IS NO DELAY!

powerplant42
PV Rock Star

Unread postby powerplant42 » Tue Oct 21, 2008 2:52 pm

You jerk... :heart:

polish family

I'd had a few crushes prior to her, but nothing too serious

And I actually have wanted to sleep on a pit since I started my career... I'd wrap myself up in the top cover, and just spend the night! What's it like!?
"I run and jump, and then it's arrrrrgh!" -Bubka

Return to “Website News and Camp/Competition Announcements”