USATF seeks Web Developer

A forum to post announcements about clubs, camps, or competitions. Old posts are moved to the appropriate regional forum below. This is also a forum where I make announcements regarding PoleVaultPower.com. All other posts in this forum will be deleted. Please read the descriptions of the forums below, if your post is not a club/camp/competition, it does not belong in this forum.
rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:28 pm

http://www.usatf.org/news/view.aspx?DUI ... 0_09_23_03

09-30-2008

Jill Geer
Director of Communications
USA Track & Field
317-713-4663
USA Track & Field, the National Governing Body for track & field, long-distance running and race walking, is seeking a motivated Web Developer to program and integrate New Media and interactive technologies into the current USATF Web site, www.usatf.org, and provide back-end program support to the database-driven portions of the site. Based in Indianapolis, the position will lead USATF's Web presence, attracting Web site traffic and serving our customers.

The ideal candidate will be highly organized, enthusiastic, open to multiple viewpoints and will creatively apply technologies to USATF's web site to further our direct outreach with fans and customers.

To read the complete job listing, including application information, visit http://www.usatf.org/about/employment/WebDeveloper.asp

ashcraftpv
That one guy
Expertise: Former College Vaulter (D1), Current High School Coach, 1999 Outdoor Big Ten Champion
Lifetime Best: 5.25m
Favorite Vaulter: Jason Hinkin

Re: USATF seeks Web Developer

Unread postby ashcraftpv » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:59 pm

Pay Range: Upper thirties to mid-forties

Wow, good luck finding someone with the qualifications they are looking for that will work for that. I know the cost of living in Indiana is pretty low, but that's just borderline ridiculous.
PoleVaultPlanet is coming.....

cdmilton
PV Follower
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Coach
Lifetime Best: 16-0(4.88)

Unread postby cdmilton » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:35 pm

ashcraftpv wrote:
Pay Range: Upper thirties to mid-forties

Wow, good luck finding someone with the qualifications they are looking for that will work for that. I know the cost of living in Indiana is pretty low, but that's just borderline ridiculous.

It might be ok for a recent college grad but for anyone with experience you'd have to double that.
Chris Milton

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:50 pm

cdmilton wrote:It might be ok for a recent college grad but for anyone with experience you'd have to double that.

They know it's low, they are offering what they have. I think they are hoping for a recent college grad who can prove they have the skills.

achtungpv
PV Rock Star

Unread postby achtungpv » Sun Oct 05, 2008 9:55 pm

30 to 40K may get you a C student from the University of Phoenix. If they're lucky, they'll get a felon that can't get a job anywhere else.

Seriously, where I work we pay our interns $20/hour ($41,600/yr)...and they generally suck.
"You have some interesting coaching theories that seem to have little potential."

Return to “Website News and Camp/Competition Announcements”