Altius at Slippery Rock 2008

A forum to post announcements about clubs, camps, or competitions. Old posts are moved to the appropriate regional forum below. This is also a forum where I make announcements regarding PoleVaultPower.com. All other posts in this forum will be deleted. Please read the descriptions of the forums below, if your post is not a club/camp/competition, it does not belong in this forum.
altius
PV Rock Star

Altius at Slippery Rock 2008

Unread postby altius » Sat Jul 28, 2007 6:04 am

I have been invited to coordinate the instruction at the Slippery Rock camps in June 2008. Not yet sure if I will take the offer up but I would like to know if know if there would be any interest in a coaches clinic on one weekend between the athletes camps. The objectives would be to help coaches clarify their understanding of -
- the Petrov model
- how to teach the model
- the instructional process
- the process of technical coaching.

Would appreciate feedback through email or pvp.

:yes: :idea:
Its what you learn after you know it all that counts. John Wooden

Branko720
PV Whiz
Expertise: Club Coach

Unread postby Branko720 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:39 am

Hey coach we met at the camp at UPen. I was the coach who came on Monday and Wednesday. I would be highly interested in going to a coaches clinic and I'm sure I could find a few other coaches that would be interested to go.

skyshark177
PV Pro
Expertise: College Coach

Unread postby skyshark177 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:54 am

Coach-
Absolutely! I think it would be a great opportunity for coaches. Count me in.
SKYSHARKS

HHSPVCoach
PV Nerd
Expertise: Former HS and college vaulter, now HS and college coach
Favorite Vaulter: Bubka, duh!

Unread postby HHSPVCoach » Sun Jul 29, 2007 2:23 pm

I'm so there! Count me in. It'd be well worth the drive and time.

Coach Phil
Hemlock, MI

vaultman18
PV Pro
Expertise: College Coach, Former College Vaulter
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Unread postby vaultman18 » Wed Aug 15, 2007 6:30 pm

This is an opportunity that no coach can afford to miss. I know there are more coaches on this forum than the three that have responded. I can not express how important this clinic is for the vault. Coaching has many areas that are rarely addressed but should be. I know Alan will touch on this more in his new book but you can only learn so much from a book or DVD. This is a chance to meet and discuss the teaching/coaching process.

Having met Alan and watch him teach has changed my direction of coaching. Not the model or theory but how I go about teaching. The very first thing I realized was I am not a great teacher and need a lot of work in the that area. I am actually going to return to school to study education. A week before I met Alan I would have sworn I would never do that. Meeting Alan was literaly life changing for me and I suspect it is for most who meet him.

I must admit Alan is not the only person that has effected my coaching recenlty. While Alan was here Roman Botharnikov was as well. I realize not everyone can be as lucky as I have been to have two of the greatest coaches in the world discuss the vault in their kitchen. But having Alan lead a coaches clinic is very close and available to every coach willing to attend. The willingness to share is Alans best quality. Knowledge, experience or even an old friend Alan gives it all to help make you a better coach.

I hope the interest picks-up. Because it would be a tragedy for this to fall thru due to lack of interest.

Alan I plan to attend as well as have you back to Boone!

HHSPVCoach
PV Nerd

Unread postby HHSPVCoach » Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:47 am

I'll drag along a few of the local coaches with me if i have to. Certainly some of them need to "see the light!"

powerplant42
PV Rock Star

Unread postby powerplant42 » Thu Aug 16, 2007 6:31 pm

Talked to my coach about it, he said he'd be interested.
"I run and jump, and then it's arrrrrgh!" -Bubka

HHSPVCoach
PV Nerd

Unread postby HHSPVCoach » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:40 pm

Alan,

Any update on if the clinic, or you at Slippery Rock, is a go yet?

Phil
(from the Livonia camp)

altius
PV Rock Star

Unread postby altius » Sun Oct 28, 2007 3:01 am

Its go as far as I know - but Bill Jordan runs the program at Slippery Rock - so we have to sort dates etc out with him. Keep chasing me on this please!!!! Al

altius
PV Rock Star

Unread postby altius » Sat Nov 17, 2007 10:45 pm

Just to confirm that the Slippery Rock camp for coaches will be from June 13 -15. Interested coaches should contact Bill Jordan at -- William.Jordan@sru.edu for details. However note that the program has yet to be confirmed.

Also there is the possibility that interested coaches could undertake an apprenticeship with me during any of the three weeks of the Slippery Rock camps which will run from June 8th -26th. Contact me personally about this. :idea: :yes: ;)

vaultman18
PV Pro
Expertise: College Coach, Former College Vaulter
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Unread postby vaultman18 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:30 pm

This is an exellent chance for coaches to get to work with Coach Launder. I myself will be taking the last week - June 22-26. Slippery Rock has a long tradition of being a great pole vault camp and I can't wait to be part of it. If nothing else I will learn how a great camp runs and spend a few days doing something I love to do.

altius
PV Rock Star

Unread postby altius » Mon Nov 19, 2007 10:33 pm

OK - the apprenticeship scheme is good to go for Slippery Rock. Four spots are left. Let me know if you are interested. :idea: :yes:

Return to “Website News and Camp/Competition Announcements”