Street Vaults, Camp Vaults etc.

A forum to post announcements about clubs, camps, or competitions. Old posts are moved to the appropriate regional forum below. This is also a forum where I make announcements regarding PoleVaultPower.com. All other posts in this forum will be deleted. Please read the descriptions of the forums below, if your post is not a club/camp/competition, it does not belong in this forum.
keulpv
PV Fan

Street Vaults, Camp Vaults etc.

Unread postby keulpv » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:09 pm

Vault world,

I am currently trying to create a database of North American pole vault competitions that can cater to elite and emerging elite vaulters. For now, I am searching only for meets that WILL have prize money of some sort for elites. As many of you know, it is difficult for athletes right out of college to support themselves and their vaulting habits. Every year, a few 18’ or 14’ vaulters quit because there is so little support. I want to help alleviate this problem by at least having a database where someone in this position could find a meet where they could at least cover their expenses. Please email me if you have such a meet planned, or would like to know how to attract elite vaulters from your region. I just need to know the date, location, and what sort of financial support you hope to have. This sort of competition can also be worked into a summer vault camp easily, and you can get elites to speak about their experiences. Plus, you will have a heck of a show!

Thanks,
Adam Keul
keulpv@hotmail.com

kat_vaulter
PV Nerd

Unread postby kat_vaulter » Mon Apr 02, 2007 9:36 pm

Adam- I am glad that you are doing this. WE need to make some money over the summer so I can survive. If I hear of any I will let you know.
I guess Lake Charles was a swamp on Saturday!

Carolina21
PV Whiz
Expertise: Former Elite Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 5.59

Unread postby Carolina21 » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:56 pm

Check the update for the Street Vault in Columbia, SC. We have some Prize money now!!!!!! May 19th, 10,000+ spectators.
-Rise to the occasion
PR: 18' 4.0

PVAlly
PV Newbie

Unread postby PVAlly » Mon Apr 23, 2007 6:32 pm

Adam,

Have you made any progress on that database for pole vaulting in the uS or North America?

UWvaulter
PV Whiz
Expertise: post collegiate vaulter, high school coach,
Lifetime Best: 18'9"
Favorite Vaulter: Tarasov

Nebraska Street Meets

Unread postby UWvaulter » Tue Apr 24, 2007 1:39 am

I heard that there will be street meets in Lincoln, Nebraska in May and June. I don't know the dates though. Can someone help us out with more info?

keulpv
PV Fan

Unread postby keulpv » Tue Apr 24, 2007 11:16 am

Hey folks,
I have made a lot of progess. I should have the final list out by May 1. I am still missing a few. Anyone who can track them down please do so.

The Gill meet behind the factory in Urbana,
The New Orleans street vault (still need to know if they have money for non-NAPVA)
The Clovis Street Vault (Same as above)

Plus the only California meet I have is Tye's River vault. Surely there is more going on out west...

Please send me more info.

OUvaulterUSAF
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter and then some
Lifetime Best: 5.27m
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Unread postby OUvaulterUSAF » Tue Apr 24, 2007 12:23 pm

Grand Haven Beach Vault - July, I think they had prize money last year.

So the Gill factory will is no longer at the Indy State fair.
wo xi huan cheng gan tiao.

pIv
PV Beginner

Unread postby pIv » Wed Apr 25, 2007 12:27 am

adam, according to fraley you absolutely have to be part of napva to jump in clovis this year! i have good info about the grand haven vault, hit me up at jnovault@yahoo.com and i will give it to you.

lonestar
PV Lover

Unread postby lonestar » Wed Apr 25, 2007 11:03 am

San Marcos River Vault
Saturday, June 2nd
Sewell Park, Texas State University, San Marcos, TX
2 runways/pits
Multiple Divisions for all abilities
Prize money for elite divisions
Website coming soon...
Any scientist who can't explain to an eight-year-old what he is doing is a charlatan. K Vonnegut

Aksarben Vaulter
PV Beginner

Nebraska Street Vault Series

Unread postby Aksarben Vaulter » Sat Apr 28, 2007 1:46 am

Hey everyone!

I guess the word is out. Yeah, there is going to be an entire series of Street Vaults in Nebraska this summer. However, none of them will actually be in Lincoln. However, they're all within a 90 minute drive of Lincoln. Currently there are four of them on the schedule, with the possiblity of a fifth.

The dates, correponding celebration and locations are as follows:

June 16th
Grand Island Ethnic Festival
Grand Island, NE

June 23rd
A'ROR'N Days
Aurora, NE

July 14th
John C. Fremont Days
Fremont, NE

August 4th
Czech Days
Wilber, NE

All pretty low key affairs. No prize money at this point. Would love to have some elite level folks there though . . . basically a chance to go have fun in the summer and vault and "socialize" afterwards! lol

Smokin' fast runway and each site has a emergency indoor location in case of bad weather.

Just got the dates set and will have some flyers soon. I will post the link to them on here.

You can contact me at tjp007@hotmail.com if you have any questions. Make sure to type "street vault" in the subject line so the email doesn't go into my junk mail folder.

AVC Coach
PV Lover
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Current Coach (All levels)
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Miah Sanders

Unread postby AVC Coach » Sat Apr 28, 2007 6:27 am

Hot Springs Street Vault June 30th in historic downtown Hot Springs, Arkansas. We'll have all of the details up on our website soon.

http://www.arkansasvaultclub.com

Aksarben Vaulter
PV Beginner

Nebraska Street Vault Results

Unread postby Aksarben Vaulter » Wed Jun 27, 2007 3:21 pm

Hello everyone,

Sorry I've been such a slacker about posting these, but my day job has been keeping me hopping!

Gable Baldwin (Grand Island, NE, former UNL vaulter) has been on a tear jumping 17'-5 on June 16th and following that up with an 18'-0 jump on June 23rd.

Grand Island Ethnic Festival 1st annual Street Vault Exhibition

Mixed Pole Vault – “Aâ€Â

Return to “Website News and Camp/Competition Announcements”