Altius clinics in the USA

A forum to post announcements about clubs, camps, or competitions. Old posts are moved to the appropriate regional forum below. This is also a forum where I make announcements regarding PoleVaultPower.com. All other posts in this forum will be deleted. Please read the descriptions of the forums below, if your post is not a club/camp/competition, it does not belong in this forum.
vaultman18
PV Pro
Expertise: College Coach, Former College Vaulter
Favorite Vaulter: Tim Mack

Unread postby vaultman18 » Tue May 15, 2007 9:07 pm

Thanks Master, I hope everyone who can takes advantage of this. If you can get a couple of people together to split the room it is pretty cheap.

gtc
PV Whiz

Unread postby gtc » Wed May 16, 2007 10:43 am

2 day clinic with Altius for 75.00 Incredible deal. "only in america" ;)

sghetti
PV Wannabe

Unread postby sghetti » Thu May 17, 2007 2:53 am

You can have it at my house I only live 30 minutes away from LAX

altius
PV Rock Star

Unread postby altius » Thu May 17, 2007 8:54 am

Sghetti - perhaps next year - couldnt get it arranged in S.Ca; this year. Tho if you can find my wife and I a motel room for the night of May 31st I could give you a private session that pm - assuming you have access to poles.track , pad etc!!! I will be landing at LAX am and then looking to drive up to sean B at SLO and then on to SAn Fran to fly to Portland. :yes:
Its what you learn after you know it all that counts. John Wooden

sghetti
PV Wannabe

Unread postby sghetti » Thu Jun 14, 2007 4:06 am

I'm only a month late!!! Nooo... hahah. Sorry Alan I didn't see your comment sooner. I'm looking forward to any camps you'll have in So Cal next year. If you remember, a few months ago I sent you some videos and asked if you could give me feedback on them. Well, just to give you an update, I won third place in the L.A. City Finals for the pole vault, and I'll be vaulting at CSUN with a recommendation from Coach Anthony Curran from UCLA :]. Oh yeah, and I'll be presenting a Powerpoint on your book this week to my AP English class. Good luck with your camps!

gtc
PV Whiz

Unread postby gtc » Sat Jun 16, 2007 12:33 am

Just finished the first Kansas City camp with Alan. One word. Awesome! Seriously foks if you get a chance to get to one of his camps, Just Do It!
I have already had probably 5/6 calls from parents of kids who attended the camp nothing but positive.

sooch90
PV Pro
Expertise: College Vaulter

Unread postby sooch90 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 3:40 pm

The U-Penn camp just finished a couple days ago, where we had 4 days of Allan Launder!

Honestly, it was awesome. Tons of fun, very very educational. I learned a lot about the process of improvement, and how to speed it up. I recommend Mr. Launder's camp to ANYONE who's dedicated to the sport.

There's a lot of drills and exercises that translate directly to the actual jump.

One of the things I really liked about the camp, is you know you can trust Mr. Launder with what he has to say. I've heard a lot of highschool coaches say all sorts of nonsense that are counterproductive to improving my jump. In fact, I've heard so much crap that I've become very very cautiious with listening to different coaches' advice, but with Mr. Launder, you know he knows with what he's talking about. He has the experience, capability, and other qualifications that make him an awesome coach. The type of vaulters he's produced also proves his ability.

I know it sounds like I'm advertising Allan Launder, but these are my sincere thoughts, and I again I recommend him to everyone who wants to know more about this sport

baggettpv
PV Master

So Allan is a hit...

Unread postby baggettpv » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:58 am

He comes to my place in Oregon in early June. Then let's make a circuit for Allan and Jenny so that he can pay his expenses and make a profit....
We had a geat time with him and Jenny here in OC so I plan on bringing him back.
Shall we say get a place for him everyother weekend thru the end of July? He can spend a week with your club (rental car/motel/personal payment) and then help with your clinic. Off to the next place. What do you guys think?
I havent talked to Allan. So I will see what he says

Rick Baggett
WSTC LLC
Good coaching is good teaching.

Return to “Website News and Camp/Competition Announcements”