Mondschein to Compete for PoleVaultPower.com

A forum to post announcements about clubs, camps, or competitions. Old posts are moved to the appropriate regional forum below. This is also a forum where I make announcements regarding PoleVaultPower.com. All other posts in this forum will be deleted. Please read the descriptions of the forums below, if your post is not a club/camp/competition, it does not belong in this forum.
rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:20 pm

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Email: becca@polevaultpower.com

12/26/06

PoleVaultPower.com announced today that they will immediately begin sponsorship of former Virginia Tech pole vaulter Brian Mondschein.

"I am psyched to be the first vaulter to represent Pole Vault Power," said Mondschein, "I have been a member of the site for so long, I am looking forward for the opportunity to give something back."

Pole Vault Power founder Becca Gillespy is excited about this new opportunity for Mondschein. "Brian has been a member of our community for several years. We have followed his progress through the collegiate ranks, and are excited to help him take it to the next level."

Mondschein will keep fans posted on his adventures in pole vaulting through a blog hosted by Trackshark.com.

Mondschein's goals for 2007 include jumping the Olympic Trials qualifying height and consistently jumping 18' or better. His long term goals include the London Olympics and to be a good representative for the US on the international scene.

Mondschein competed in his first USA Track & Field National Championships last summer and placed ninth with a jump of 17'8.50". He finished 2006 with the 15th highest jump by an American (18'1.75").

While competing for Virginia Tech, Mondschein qualified for the NCAA Championships five times, earning All-America honors three times. His best finish was second place at the 2005 NCAA Outdoor Track and Field Championships. Mondschein graduated in May of 2006 with a B.S. in mechanical engineering.

A 2001 graduate of Hershey High School in Hershey, Penn., Mondschein was the 2001 indoor and outdoor state champion.

Fans can follow Mondschein's progress through his website at http://www.polevaultpower.com/brian/ and through his blog on Trackshark at http://www.trackshark.com/blogs/Mondschein

Mondschein Statistics

General
Name - Brian Mondschein
Height - 6'4"
Weight - 190lbs
D.O.B - January 9, 1983
Coach - Dr. Robert Phillips
Publicist - Becca Gillespy

High School Statistics

School - Hershey High School, Hershey PA
Graduated - June 2001
Events - Pole Vault - 15'10"
- High Hurdles - 15.0s
- Long Jump - 20'6"
- High Jump - 6'5"

Achievements
- 2001 Indoor and Outdoor State Champion
- School Record Holder
- 2001 Penn Relays Gold
- Conference Meet and All Time Record Holder
- Indoor and Outdoor National Meet Qualifier

College Statistics

School - Virginia Tech, Blacksburg VA
Graduated - May 2006, BS Mechanical Engineering
Events - Pole Vault - 5.53m/18'1.75"

Achievements
- 5 x NCAA Qualifier, 3x NCAA All American
- 2005 Outdoor NCAA Runner UP
- Indoor and Outdoor School Record Holder
- 5 x Conference Champion (ACC and Big East)
- 8 x All Conference Selection
- 2006 Penn Relays Gold
- 2x East Region Winner and Record Holder
- 2006 Outdoor USA Qualifier and 9th Place Finish

jcoover
PV Pro
Favorite Vaulter: Nicholas Panozzo

Unread postby jcoover » Tue Dec 26, 2006 8:18 pm

congrats brian! i will be happy to support your vaulting career in any way i can! good luck :yes:

-Jeff Coover
"We can, by God, let our demons loose and just wail on!" - John L Parker

achtungpv
PV Rock Star

Unread postby achtungpv » Tue Dec 26, 2006 10:50 pm

I'd like to publicly guilt every gainfully employed PVP member into signing up for a monthly donation.

/now I need to go ask the missus for an allowance raise to cover mine. :D
"You have some interesting coaching theories that seem to have little potential."

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Dec 30, 2006 8:13 pm

Here is the mass email I just sent out:

As many of you may have seen, I recently made the announcement that Virginia Tech grad Brian Mondschein will be competing for Pole Vault Power. http://www.polevaultpower.com/forum/vie ... hp?t=10497

Brian has been a member of Pole Vault Power for three and a half years, and posts on the message board under the username VTechVaulter.

Brian will be updating everyone throughout the year through his blog at http://www.trackshark.com/blogs/Mondschein/ and on his website at http://www.polevaultpower.com/brian/

The transition from college to elite pole vaulting is a difficult one for most athletes. It is difficult to balance working to support yourself with putting in the amount of training necessary to take it to the next level.

This sponsorship is a chance for every member of this community to get directly involved in helping an emerging elite athlete take it to the elite level. I would encourage every member of this site who is financially able to commit to donating $5, $10, or $20 a month to support Brian. This is very easy to do using PayPal - http://www.polevaultpower.com/brian/Donate.htm

For those who don't feel comfortable using PayPal, or would prefer to send gift cards instead of cash, you can mail your support to Brian at the address below. Gift cards for gas stations and grocery stores are greatly appreciated. Brian lives near the following grocery stores: Kroger, Food Lion, Walmart, Wades and the following gas stations: Hess, Exxon, Citgo, BP, Chevron.

Brian Mondschein
503 Hampton Court
Blacksburg, VA 24060

I hope everyone has a great New Year's Eve! I will have a few more announcements to send out in the next few weeks regarding website updates and plans for 2007.

Becca Gillespy
Pole Vault Power
http://www.polevaultpower.com/

novavault101
PV Newbie

congrats

Unread postby novavault101 » Thu Jan 04, 2007 11:18 pm

you had me at hello...just kidding. Congrats Brian, you really deserve it. It has been awesome watching you develop into the vaulter you have become.

8.19vault
PV Newbie

Unread postby 8.19vault » Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:41 am

awesomeness. he is a hearty young man and is going in the right direction. what an honor to be sponsered by PVP.

good job Brian
conquer the mind

agapit
PV Follower

Re: Mondschein to Compete for PoleVaultPower.com

Unread postby agapit » Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:50 pm

rainbowgirl28 wrote:FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Email: becca@polevaultpower.com

12/26/06

Way to go!
there is no spoon... www.m640.com