Vince Anderson Acceleration Ladders/Charts

A forum for coaches to discuss coaching technique and advice with each other. Only registered coaches can post in this forum.

Moderator: AVC Coach

Darth Vaulter
PV Whiz
Expertise: High School Coach, Former High School Vaulter, Masters Vaulter

Vince Anderson Acceleration Ladders/Charts

Unread postby Darth Vaulter » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:15 pm

I'm interested in buying the Vince Anderson Acceleration Ladders/Charts but can't find them anywhere on the web. Any leads would be appreciated.
May the Force be with you!

superpipe
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Masters Vaulter, Club Coach, High School Coach, Parent
Favorite Vaulter: Who else, Bubka.

Re: Vince Anderson Acceleration Ladders/Charts

Unread postby superpipe » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:00 pm

You have to buy the charts through him directly. I bought mine from him about 4 years ago for $60.00.
Chris Mitchell
MitchellPro Vault Club

Darth Vaulter
PV Whiz
Expertise: High School Coach, Former High School Vaulter, Masters Vaulter

Unread postby Darth Vaulter » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:49 pm

I e-mailed him at Texas A&M but didn't get a reply. I guess I'll try again.
May the Force be with you!

dj
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Coach

Unread postby dj » Fri Nov 22, 2013 2:24 pm

hey

one of the keys to running correctly is to teach "push" mechanics… and progressive stride lengths based on the amount of "push" on each step.

You can find my charts at www.oneapproachrun.com

The speed acceleration chart takes you step by step for approximately a 11.0 100m to Bolts 9.58 and times in between.

I haven't used Vinces' pole vault and long jump progressions but the vaulters and jumpers seem to "over stride" or reach a long stride very quickly from the start.

My pole vault and long jump charts have the six step "MID" for a specific speed (stride length and frequency) and counts on the vaulter and jumper to have, attempt to have, 6 equal strides except for the last two has a slight-long/short, penultimate.

dj

ps.. i have gone back to all the vault, long jump and sprints studies i can find the stride "data" on andcompared the lenghts and frequecies to my charts. they are "more" correct by science than any "chart" or method i have found world wide.

superpipe
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Masters Vaulter, Club Coach, High School Coach, Parent
Favorite Vaulter: Who else, Bubka.

Unread postby superpipe » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:25 pm

Honestly, I haven't used Vince's chart I have. I got it to compare to yours DJ. They are very close in comparison. I forget where most of the deviations were, but they were both similar. I actually use DJ's chart for pole runs with mini hurdles to train athletes that have poor sprint mechanics. Nothing against Anderson's chart since he is considered one of the best experts. I just didn't want to spend the time testing the differences with my athletes. I've used DJ's chart in the past and I get proper sprint mechanics out of my athletes using his chart.

Just my experience.
Chris Mitchell
MitchellPro Vault Club

dj
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Coach

Unread postby dj » Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:52 am

Vince and I have been friends for a long time.... And have compared notes all along the way...

His speed ladders have proven themselves time and time again...

Dj

Return to “Pole Vault - Coaches Forum”