Coaching Openings

A forum for coaches to discuss coaching technique and advice with each other. Only registered coaches can post in this forum.

Moderator: AVC Coach

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Nov 07, 2006 1:25 pm

New Jersey

http://talk.dyestat.com/showthread.php?t=41688

We are looking for an assistant coach for the spring 2007 season. Knowledge of and previous experience in the pole vault is required. The ability and willingness to help in other events (some sprinting work and perhaps the javelin) is preferred. We are willing to help you get started learning other events and are willing to send you to coaching clinics.

We would also be able to provide you with a part-time volunteer position for this winter with whatever day-to-day schedule fits you. We are looking at upgrading this to a paid position for next winter. If you are willing to volunteer this winter, knowledge of the shot put would be a great help.

You would be working with both boys and girls.

Substitute certification is required. We may have teaching positions open in the district as well. Check at http://www.spfk12.org.

Salary would be commensurate with experience. The salary guide ranges from $5585 to $6888 depending on level of experience. There are five steps on our coaching guide. Entry position into the scale may be negotiable, but that decision would be out of my hands.

Our boys' and girls' teams are the defending Watchung Conference, Union County Relay, and Union County Champions. You have the opportunity to enter a successful program. We compete in North II Group III. Our high school is just south of US Rte. 22, less than 10 miles west of Newark.

We have two returning boys who are over 12'6" and one returning girl over 10'0". We also have a wide selection of training equipment at your disposal. We have a vast arrangement of poles as well so you will be able to make sure each athlete is on the correct pole.

Please contact me via private message or e-mail (spfhsxc@aol.com or jkoegel@spfk12.org) if interested. Do not call the school. E-mail is the best way to reach me.

Jeff Koegel
Head XC/T&F Coach
Scotch Plains-Fanwood HS

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:31 pm

CT

http://www.courant.com/sports/highschoo ... highschool

COACHING VACANCIES

Avon: JV boys' lacrosse, JV baseball, developmental baseball, assistant outdoor track (two positions-jumping, pole vault), varsity boys tennis. AD Jeff Sunblade 860-404-4747

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 1:03 pm

Ohio

http://www.ohio.com/mld/beaconjournal/16043276.htm

Wadsworth is seeking a pole vault coach for the spring track season. For more information, contact athletic director Steve Moore at 330-336-3260.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:47 pm

Central High School in Philadelphia, PA needs a coach. Contact Mr. Greco at (215) 276-5262 for more information

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:33 am

CA

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercuryn ... 113629.htm

Oak Grove needs track and field coaches for sprints, jumps and pole vault. Call Allen Wulczynski at (408) 629-2530 or e-mail- ogtrack@aol.com.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:37 am

From Dyestatcal

Esperanza HS in Anaheim (SS) is in need of a pole vault coach. Contact Al Britt @ abritt28@cox.net
Posted November 20, 2006

Beverly Hills (SS) is seeking qualified assistant coaches to continue to build our coaching staff in Throws, Sprints/Relays, Pole Vault/High Jump for the 2007 track season and years to come. Stipends included. BHHS has a history of developing very successful track and field teams over several decades and in the recent years. The school has an excellent tradition of athletic success across all our sports. Great facilities...great staff who are dedicated to their sport they coach...If you have the passion for this sport, qualified applicants should submit a resume of qualifications and cover letter of interest to Head Coach Heather Smith at fax: 310-551-5128 ph: 310-551-5100 x8651 or via email heathercruzsmith@yahoo.com Posted November 20, 2006

Granite Bay High School (SJ) seeks an assistant pole vault coach to work the 2007. Please email Coach Kehoe at rennur@aol.com - Posted November 13th, 2006.

Rancho Verde High School (SS) is currently seeking qualified track & field assistant coaches for the 2007 season. Areas of need include jumps, throws and pole vault. We are a Division I program with a history of success that we are looking to continue and build upon. We will have numerous CIF
qualifying athletes returning for the 2007 season. Candidates should have successful track and field coaching backgrounds. Please contact head track & field coach Chris Drescher at (951) 334-8300. Posted November 6, 2006

Rosary High School in Fullerton, CA (SS) is looking for Assistant Coach’s for LJ, TJ and Pole Vault for the 2007 Track & Field Season. Practices are held at Servite High School in Anaheim beginning in mid February. Stipends are available. Rosary HS is an All Girls Catholic High School and is in the Trinity League/Division III. If you are interested, please contact Thom Confer/Head Track & Field Coach, tconfer@rosaryhs.org or call 714 685-7770. Posted November 1, 2006

Yuba City High School, located in Yuba City, CA. (SJS) is seeking an assistant coach for the upcoming 2007 season. We are part of the newly formed TriCounty Conference. Last season, we were 2nd to Granite Bay in the Metro League and were Metro League Girls League Champions. Returning a
core of seasoned athletes who have been part of that team and should have enough depth to contend with the leaders in this new league as well as potential league champions in specific events.The league is a
D3 league, but we are a D1 school. The specific position is to coach sprints, short relays, and possible hurdles or any combination. In addition, if the applicant has experience in the jumps or pole vault,
this would be also be considered. If interested, please contact head coach Mike Buzbee at buzbee01@comcast.net or telephone 530-673-1547. Posted November 1, 2006

Leigh HS (CCS) in San Jose is seeking a throws coach, a jumps coach (LJ/TJ/HJ) and a hurdles coach for the upcoming season. Stipends are available. Leigh HS competes in the Blossom Valley Athletic League, has recently installed a new track and is looking to add teh pole vault as an offered event. Gpr more inforation, please contact the Athletic Director Pam Zielazowski at (408) 377-4470 or pzielazo@cuhsd.org Posted October 10, 2006.

Burlingame High School (CCS), Burlingame CA, - is currently seeking a qualified track & field head coach for the 2007 season. Hours will be 3:15 PM to approximately 5:30PM, M-F with some dual meets during the week and invitational meets on some Saturdays. Coach will need to be available by 2/2007. Please contact John Philipopoulos (athletic director) by email at jphilipopoulos@smuhsd.k12.ca.us. About Burlingame Track and Field: We have a young group of talented student athletes in the distance events, hurdles, and pole vault. There is a lot of potential for program development in the throws and horizontal jumps. We have an experienced coaching staff covering the distance events, sprints, hurdles, pole vault, and high jump. The school has an excellent tradition of athletic success in all sports. Qualifications: Candidate should have a successful track and field
coaching background in the need area(s). Teaching of biomechanics and, development and monitoring of conditioning programs is a must. Posted October 10, 2006

Bishop Amat High School (SS) - is currently seeking qualified track & field assistant coach(es) for the 2007 season. Areas of need include jumps, hurdles and pole vault. Hours will be 3:15 PM to approximately 5:30PM, M-F with some dual meets during the week and invitational meets on some
Saturdays. Coach will need to be available by 2/2007. Please contact head track and field coach Danny Lodolo by email at dlodolo@bishopamat.org. About Amat Track and Field: We have a young group of talented student athletes in all areas of sprint sports. There is a lot of potential for player development in the hurdles and jumps. The school has an excellent tradition of athletic success in all sports and is a CIF-D3 member of the Del Rey League. Qualifications: Candidate should have a successful track and field coaching background in the need area(s). Teaching of hurdle, sprint, jumps biomechanics and, development and monitoring of conditioning programs is a must. - posted October 6, 2006

The University of La Verne is seeking a Pole Vault coach to start January 3rd and be available four days per week. Stipend is $2000. For more information, contact Pat Widolff at 909-593-3511x 4846 Posted October 4, 2006

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:36 am

From Dyestatcal

Gahr High School (SS) in Cerritos seeks to fill coaching positions of head boys and girls track and field coach (spring of 2007) and assistant coaches in the following events: sprints, jumps, hurdles and pole vault. Please
contact Athletic Director, Greg Marshall for more information at (562) 926-5566 x22161 and by email at greg.marshall@abcusd.k12.ca.us Resumes can be faxed to (562) 865-7881.

Gilroy High (CCS) is looking for a Pole Vault coach for the 2007 season. This is a stipend position. Gilroy just brought back the Pole Vault last year after 5 years of no vaulting, and is looking for someone with patience and passion to re-establish the Pole Vault as a competitive event. Any one interested can contact Head Track Coach Jeff Myers at, mustangmyers@comcast.net Posted January 4, 2007

Evergreen Valley High School (CCS) in San Jose is currently seeking Sprint/Relays and Pole Vault coaches for the 2007 Track and Field season. Stipends are available. Please contact athletic director Herb Lee at 408-347-7193 or email at leeh@esuhsd.org Posted December 7, 2006

American High School in Fremont (NCS) We are a member of the Mission Valley Athletic League and North Coast Section and have openings for a Pole Vault Coach, Throwers Coach, and a High Jump Coach. Please Contact Head Coach Mike Lindsay at 510-796-1776 Ext. 57505 or mlindsay65@yahoo.com Posted December 7, 2006

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:37 am

OH

http://www.cleveland.com/sports/plainde ... xml&coll=2

Parma City Schools is seeking a sys temwide pole vault coach for boys and girls high school track teams. Contact Bob Boulton, supervisor of athletics, at 440-885-8318, or e-mail boultonb@par macityschools.org.

Magnificat is accepting resumes for a pole vault coach and a throws coach for the 2007 indoor and outdoor track seasons. Contact Athletic Director Rhonda Rickelman at rrickel man@magnificaths.org.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Feb 23, 2007 3:12 pm

PA

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/ ... 02466.html

NORTHERN BURLINGTON

HIGH SCHOOL

The following position is open: assistant in girls track (pole vault, field event expertise). Required are at least 60 college credits and a county substitute teacher's certificate. Call athletic director Chris Haines, (609) 298-3900, ext. 2093 or e-mail chaines@nburlington.com.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Feb 27, 2007 3:40 am

New Mexico

http://www.alamogordonews.com/sports/ci_5312370

Alamogordo girls track coach looking for help

Alamogordo Lady Tiger head track coach Doc Helm is looking for a certified, licensed pole vault coach to volunteer his or her time this season. Interested parties can contact Helm at 443-2000, ext. 270 or 430-7646.

indestructo
PV Pro
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, Former College Coach, Current High School Coach, Post-Collegiate Vaulter
Lifetime Best: 15'6"

Unread postby indestructo » Tue Feb 27, 2007 12:59 pm

Grand Ledge (MI) Middle School is looking for a pole vault coach.

April to June season, paid position.

Contact myself for details.

Matt Dykstra
517-290-1104
mdykstra@mpower.org
"Heart"

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 7:05 am

CA

http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_6757959?s ... ck_check=1

Gilroy needs a pole vault coach for track and field. This is a full stipend position. E-mail Jeff Myers at mustangmyers@comcast.net or call (408) 807-1694.

Return to “Pole Vault - Coaches Forum”