Coaching Openings

A forum for coaches to discuss coaching technique and advice with each other. Only registered coaches can post in this forum.

Moderator: AVC Coach

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Dec 10, 2005 3:28 pm

California

From Dyestatcal

http://www.dyestatcal.com/news/xc2005Ne ... enings.htm

Walnut High School (SS) is looking for 3 track & field coaches for this upcoming season in `06. Contact Coach Richard T. Nila if you are interested in coaching sprints, jumps or pole vault. If these are not your field of expertise, but are still interested in coaching, then call anyway, something will be worked out. My e-mail address is rnila@walnutvalley.k12.ca.us, and my phone number at school is
909-594-1333, extension 34334. Unfortunately, there are no teaching positions available at the moment, only a stipend comes with the job. - posted 11/15/2005

Rosemead HS (SS) is seeking track and field distance and Cross-Country Head coaches for Girls/Boys, as well as jumps and vault coaches for track and field. There is a social sciences teaching position available right now. Please contact Athletic Director Marc Harisay for more info at (626) 258-5571. Posted November 1, 2005

Lakewood High School (SS) has an available stipend for a pole vault coach to begin working with the kids immediately. We seeking preferably someone who has two years experience and are looking to take the kids to the next level. They have a had a great entry level, but now are ready the next challenge! Please contact Coach Skarr at (562) 425-1281x3222. Posted November 1, 2005

Oakmont High School (Roseville) (SJS) is seeking assistant coaches in both pole vault and jumps. Our talent returning in both areas is impressive and competitive - we are looking for strong candidates to continue current athlete development and to take our program to new heights. We have two legal pits for both vault and high jump. There is a stipend available to qualified candidates wanting to join our experienced coaching staff. Booster club support is great, and coaches are free to coach - not fundraise. Our all-weather track and stadium is only two years old. To learn more, please contact Head Coach Ryan Nugent (rnugent@rjuhsd.us) or Athletic Director Jack McClure (jmcclure@rjuhsd.us). Posted November 1, 2005

Mira Costa High School ( Manhattan Beach) (SS) is seeking a pair of assistant track and field coaches for the 2006 campaign. At present, we are looking for an individual to coach the jumps, and another to coach the pole vault. We have some strong returning talent in both disciplines. In the vault, we have a 14’3â€Â

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Jan 14, 2006 2:19 pm

OH

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/ ... 8/1078/SPT

Loveland seeks a pole vault coach (track). Contact AD Mike Rapp, 697-3714 or rappmi@loveland.k12.oh.us.

St. Ursula seeks these coaches: Freshman basketball, varsity and reserve lacrosse, track (pole vault and high jump). Contact AD Mike Sipes, msipes@saintursula.org or 961-3410, ext. 129.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Jan 24, 2006 12:24 pm

CA

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercuryn ... 698054.htm

Menlo-Atherton needs coaches for varsity football, pole vault, girls JV lacrosse, girls golf and cheerleading. Also need assistant coaches for girls lacrosse. Pam Wimberly (650) 322-5311 ext. 5706; e-mail: pwimberl@seq.org.

Live Oak needs coaches for boys volleyball and track (pole vault) and an assistant coach for boys tennis. Mark Cummins (408) 201-6140, e-mail: mcummins17@yahoo.com.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:09 pm

http://www.mercurynews.com/mld/mercuryn ... 753836.htm

Menlo-Atherton needs coaches for varsity football, pole vault, girls golf and cheerleading. Pam Wimberly (650) 322-5311 ext. 5706; e-mail: pwimberl@seq.org. Also need coaches for girls varsity and JV lacrosse. Maria Flaherty at (650) 814-6794, e-mail: ma.bears.lacrosse@gmail.com.

Live Oak needs coaches for boys volleyball and track (pole vault) and an assistant coach for boys tennis. Mark Cummins (408) 201-6140, e-mail: mcummins17@yahoo.com.

Archbishop Mitty needs a pole vault coach and an assistant badminton coach. Will Scharrenberg (408) 342-4213.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:53 pm

IL

http://www.illinoisada.org/jobs.asp

Coaching Positions Available
York Community High School, Elmhurst
Rob Wagner
630-6172403
rwagner@elmhurst205.org
York Commuinty High School has coaching openings in the following sports:
Assistant Boys Track (Pole Vault)

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Jul 22, 2006 3:56 pm

CA

http://www.dyestatcal.com/news/xc2005Ne ... enings.htm

Beverly Hills (SS) Seeking qualified Assistant Coaches to continue to build our coaching staff in Throws, Sprints/Relays, Pole Vault/High Jump for the 2007 track season and years to come. Stipends included. BHHS has a history of developing very successful track and field teams over several decades and in the recent years. The school has an excellent tradition of athletic success across all our sports. Great facilities...great staff who are dedicated to their sport they coach...If you have the passion for this sport, qualified applicants should submit a resume of qualifications and cover letter of interest to Head Coach Heather Smith at fax: 310-551-5128 ph: 310-551-5100 x8651 or via email heathercruzsmith@yahoo.com - posted July 10th, 2006

Rancho Verde High School (SS - Val Verde Unified School District) in Moreno Valley has coaching positions available for Pole Vault, and Shot Put and Discus coaches. Positions include a paid stipend and possible teaching assignment. Please contact Head Coach - Chris Drescher at (951) 334-8300 or rvhstrack@hotmail.com for further information. - Posted June 22nd, 2006

Oceanside (San Diego section) is looking for a Pole Vault coach for the 2007 season and beyond. Teaching position available with position in either English, Math, or Special Education. Contact: Jesse Guillen: head track coach at (760) 722-8201 ext 2801or via email: gufifoot@cox.net Posted June 10, 2006

Great Oak High School in Temecula (SS) is looking to continue to build our coaching staff in the following areas; Throws, Jumps, and Pole Vault for the 2007 track season. We have a very solid young program with over 170 athletes this season as a second year school. We have a new all weather 9 lane track with a nice turf football field. We qualified 36 athletes to CIF prelims this season and are moving into the Southwestern League for 2007. There is a stipend available for each of these coaching areas.

We are also looking for 1 XC assistant for the upcoming season. We are projecting 150 athletes this year and are looking to have another assistant to help develop our beginning athletes. There is a stipend available.If interested please contact Doug Soles at dsoles@tvusd.k12.ca.us or 951-326-6992. Posted June 6, 2006

King High in Riverside, SS, is in need of two coaches, one for the throws and one for pole vault for the 2007 season and beyond. We have enjoyed success in both events for the past six seasons, as two strong coaches have built solid reputations and organization within their two respective events. Both are moving on to other career opportunities, thus opening up a much needed hole to fill. In the vault, King owns dozens of poles in all sizes, and a permanently placed and covered pit. King Track and Field also enjoys a working relationship with the football program which benefits our throwing events. Teaching positions are available in several departments. If interested, please contact Head Coach John Corona, at jcorona@king.rusd.k12.ca.us.
Posted June 2nd, 2006

Marlborough School (SS) is seeking an assistant coach for our track and field team (06/07). Marlborough is an All-Girls College Prep School in the Hancock Park area of Los Angeles (Wilshire District). http://www.marlboroughschool.org/ Marlborough has developed a very successful track and field team over the past few years, culminating in a CIF-SS Track and Field Championship in 2006. The school has an excellent tradition of athletic success, winning 6 Varsity League Championships and 2 CIF-SS Championships across all our sports in 2006. The Marlborough Track and Field squad is directed by Head Coach, Jimmie Grant. The Marlborough Mustangs are looking for an assistant who can help in the following areas: Shot, Discus, High Jump and Pole Vault. Candidates for all, or one, of these openings should contact Athletic Director, David Collicutt. (323) 964-8480 and, or send resumes to David.Collicutt@marlboroughschool.org
Posted June 2nd, 2006

Alta Loma High School (SS-D1) in the Chaffey Joint Union High School District - We are looking for energetic individuals to coach the following events for the 2006-2007 track and field season; distance, pole vault, high jump and throws. Stipends are available. We encourage our candidates to apply for
teaching or classified positions through edjoin.com. Please contact coach Gonzalez at alhstrackcoach@hotmail.com or call (909)989-5511 x2204
Posted June 2nd, 2006

Newbury Park HS in Thousand Oaks (SS) is in need of an assistant in charge of boys and girls Pole Vault for the 2007 season. Contact Mike Stewart at mstewart@conejo.k12.ca.us or Steve Svoboda at ssvoboda@conejo.k12.ca.us Thanks so much for posted, Mike Stewart- NPHS Head Girls Track Coach. Posted May 30, 2006

Long Beach Polytechnic High School (Long Beach, CA) SS Div I Seeking Pole Vault Coach for 2006-2007 track season. Stipend included. Contact: Head Track Coach, Don Norford @ 562-230-9294 for information and details.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:01 pm

California

From DyestatCal

Valley View HS (SS) seeks assistant track and field coaches. There are partial stipends available for jumps, throws, and a pole vault coach. Anyone interested please contact Head Track & Field Coach Darryl Gilliams 909 322-5327 or darryls_realestate@hotmail.com. Posted September 14, 2006

Tesoro HS in Las Flores (SS, South Coast League) seeks Pole Vault and Throws coaches for the upcoming 2007 track and field season. Paid stipend available, but no teaching position at this time. Interested parties may contact Stacy Ruffer at sjruffer@capousd.org. Posted September 7, 2006

San Marino HS (SS) seeks a Pole Vault/High Jump coach. San Marino HS is located in the San Gabriel Valley and is a member of the Rio Hondo League Div. III (SS). Hours will be 3 p.m. to approximately 6 p.m. M-F with some Saturday meets. Coach will need to be available by 2/2007. Please contact athletic director David Irie at 626 299 7047 or email at dirie@yahoo.com. Posted August 31, 2006

Woodland High School (SJS)-Division II - Currently seeks qualified people for the following Positions: Head Track and Field Coach (Girls) and 2 Assistant coaches. All are stipend positions which are based on a percentage of your salay if employed by the district or set amounts for walk-ons which is competitive with similar area programs. Seeking qualified assistant coaches to continue and fill needs in our successful program of the throws, sprints/relays, hurdles, pole vault and all jumps for the 2007 track season and years to come. Woodland High has a rich history of developing very successful track and field teams over several decades. State Champions, an Olympian and many section and league championship teams have excelled over recent years. The school has an excellent tradition of athletic success across all our sports. A stipend asst. position could help in football or cross country as well. Several on campus full time teaching positions are presently open. Woodland has a great community and supportive parent base with great on campus staff. Qualified applicants who bring a passion their coaching and a willingness to always grow and learn should submit a resume of qualifications and cover letter of interest to current Head Coach Chuck Bruns at: Woodland High School. 21 N. West St.
Woodland Ca. 95695. Further information/contact: Chuck Bruns 916-947-9220 or by email at:
chuckbruns@sbcglobal.net Posted August 3, 2006

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:03 pm

Illinois

http://www.illinoispreptoptimes.com/coa ... nings.html

Thornwood High School is hiring three coaches for the 2007 Track Season.

Seeking interested parties with experience, enthusiasm, and passion for track and field. Looking for experienced coaches for the following events:

Jumps Coach (LJ,TJ, HJ)
Pole Vault Coach
Hurdle Coach

Will be coaching both boys and girls, and should be very experienced. We are returning many state medalists from last years IHSA State Meet. Teaching positions are also available within the district.
Contact Brian Evans at evans.brian@district205.net

-------------------

Highland Park High School has 2 openings for the 2006-2007 season. We are looking for a pole vault coach to work with our boys and girls programs. The 2nd position is for a hurdles coach, who would work with our boys program. Both are full time coaching positions, with competitive stipends, that run the full IHSA track season. If interested call Kevin Caines, Head Boys Track & Field coach (kcaines@dist113.org or 224-765-2316).

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Fri Sep 15, 2006 3:04 pm

MN

http://www.raceberryjam.com/jobs.html

Mounds View High School
Arden Hills, Minnesota Start March 2007
Posted June 19, 2006 Women
Assistant Outdoor Track
Full time Pole Vault
Aaron Redman
1900 Lake Valentine Road
Arden Hills , MN 55112
Phone: 612-245-5566
Fax: 651-639-6043
Email

souleman
PV Lover
Lifetime Best: 12-7.5
Favorite Vaulter: Bob Seagren, Bob Richards

Unread postby souleman » Fri Sep 15, 2006 9:13 pm

The Mounds View Boys and Girls program is the one I helped with last year. I'd take the gig if I had the time. The kids are super. Last year's boys coach had a very good posting on Flight Deck Athletics forum describing the program. Please sign up! It's a great program. E-mail or PM me about the position if you'd like. Later................Mike

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sun Oct 01, 2006 10:35 am

OH

Parma needs a boys and girls systemwide pole vault coach for high school track. Call Bob Boulton, supervisor of athletics, at 440-885-8318.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Wed Oct 18, 2006 1:16 pm

OH

Magnificat is looking for a sprint/ jumps coach and a pole vault coach for the upcoming indoor and outdoor track and field seasons. Contact Athletic Director Rhonda Rickelman at rrickelman@magnificaths.org.

Return to “Pole Vault - Coaches Forum”