Pole Vault Project

A forum for coaches to discuss coaching technique and advice with each other. Only registered coaches can post in this forum.

Moderator: AVC Coach

Does your state high school federation require a pole vault certification or safety course for coaching the vault in a high school?

Yes
55%
No
45%

Total votes: 11

Richie Mercado
PV Newbie

Pole Vault Project

Unread postby Richie Mercado » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:06 pm

I am working on a survey of the mechanical concepts and teaching views of top level, college, high school, and club vault coaches. I am starting with a survey. Please email me if you would like to fill out a WORD template file and I will email it to you and you can respond and email the file back. It takes from 10-20 minutes depending on detail you wish to put. Let me know the level of athletes you mainly coach (two surveys going out - one for top level & collegiate coaches; one for high school/youth coaches). Thanks in advance,

Richie Mercado

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Mon Mar 17, 2008 3:07 pm

Richie's email is rmercado@sjs.org for those interested.

Richie Mercado
PV Newbie

Pole Vault Project

Unread postby Richie Mercado » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:00 pm

DJ's Diagrams - the 6.20m Vault!

dj asked me to post this here. I am working on this project with pole vault coaching, teaching, mechanical concepts, etc. I have a site up just recently with some basic info on the project and links to the surveys.

It also contains links to dj's diagrams of model vaults, his 6 stride mark and acceleration charts, and an article I wrote based on developing an approach off of the 6 stride concept.

Here is the link. Becca, I linked your site to it; hope you don't mind!

http://www2.sjs.org/Mercado/PVP%20Web/T ... roject.htm

Richie

Return to “Pole Vault - Coaches Forum”