voice amplification system: advice? suggestions?

A forum for coaches to discuss coaching technique and advice with each other. Only registered coaches can post in this forum.

Moderator: AVC Coach

Russ
PV Master

voice amplification system: advice? suggestions?

Unread postby Russ » Wed Dec 27, 2006 2:50 pm

I've been coaching and officiating in some very noisy settings lately, and I'm thinking that it would be a good idea to buy a voice amplification system. I think that I'd like either a lapel mic or a little hands-free headset, and a "belly-pack" kind-of speaker. I want to be mobile and I want to be able to have my hands free. I've been looking a little on the internet. It occurred to me that some of you might have had success with a voice amplification system of some sort.

Any suggestions?

Thanks
Russ

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

vaultmd
PV Enthusiast
Expertise: Masters Vaulter, Coach, Doctor
Lifetime Best: 475
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Laura Huarte

Unread postby vaultmd » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:06 pm

The old fashioned electronic megaphone with a podium in front if you to rest it on works best if you don't come up with a hands-free solution.

souleman
PV Lover
Lifetime Best: 12-7.5
Favorite Vaulter: Bob Seagren, Bob Richards

Unread postby souleman » Wed Dec 27, 2006 8:20 pm

Russ, Something on this order would actually give you the best results. Might be a little spendy for what you're trying to do. On the other hand, being a guy who has spent a lifetime performing and dealing with PA equipment, nothing is worse to me than the in-audible noise that comes from bull horn type set ups. With this particular system ( in the link below) you could hook an inexpensive wireless mic system to it and have freedom you want and the performance that is AUDIBLE. By the way, a lapel mic is not the answer. To get the right reproduction you need a hand held and talk close into it to get the best production. Check it out at, http://www.carvin.com/products/single.p ... 0&CID=SYS1
Later.......Mike

Russ
PV Master

Unread postby Russ » Wed Dec 27, 2006 10:07 pm

Here's one that I'm considering. It's not exactly what I'm looking for, but I'd love some suggestions.

http://www.dak.com/reviews/3010story.cfm#p3
Russ

"If you fail to plan, you plan to fail."

souleman
PV Lover
Lifetime Best: 12-7.5
Favorite Vaulter: Bob Seagren, Bob Richards

Unread postby souleman » Fri Dec 29, 2006 5:16 pm

Nady makes some ok stuff. Bottom line is, if you're not satisfied send it back. If you go with a hands free mic, be sure to get a head set mic so you can get the mic right close to your mouth. Oh yeah, for $99 you can't go wrong. Later............Mike

Return to “Pole Vault - Coaches Forum”