Tips for someone learning how to bend

A forum to discuss pole vault technique as it relates to beginning vaulters. If you have been jumping less than a year, this is the forum for you.

Moderator: achtungpv

DuffMan
PV Newbie

Tips for someone learning how to bend

Unread postby DuffMan » Sun Dec 29, 2002 11:19 pm

Hey, im going on my second season and just learning to bend
Can I get some tips please
Pole Vaulting Rules!!!!

lonpvh
PV Pro

Unread postby lonpvh » Sun Dec 29, 2002 11:43 pm

Don't be in too much of a hurry to raise you grip. You should have the right pole, right run, and right grip for your abilities. The pole bending is just a plus. Remember we are pole vaulting, not pole bending. Lon

wacky274
PV Follower

Unread postby wacky274 » Mon Dec 30, 2002 2:25 am

I agree with lon, just make sure you are doing things correctly to bend the pole, and not sitting on it to bend it (this can cause lots of problems, and possibly injuries)...
Champions aren't made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill. - Muhammad Ali

Talent in cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.
-Stephen King

vaulterbabe247
PV Newbie

Unread postby vaulterbabe247 » Mon Dec 30, 2002 1:37 pm

Ok, I remember when I started bending the pole! What a rush! haha! My tip would be... hmm... just don't hold higher than you are able to ... you could get hurt. Also, you can't be affraid! Be confident that you can do it! And of course, make sure you don't sit on it to bend the pole, be aggressive and really explode on your take off! Good Luck! :yes:

Return to “Pole Vault - Beginning Technique”