Pole Vaulting Rocks

A forum to discuss pole vault technique as it relates to beginning vaulters. If you have been jumping less than a year, this is the forum for you.

Moderator: achtungpv

cute_courtnee7777
PV Newbie

Pole Vaulting Rocks

Unread postby cute_courtnee7777 » Sun Nov 10, 2002 7:52 pm

I am just chilling surfing the net, and found this site, I have been vaulting for one year, going into my second.... does anyone have any tips on how to get higher... i've gotten 8'6" but i want to get like 10 or so before the season is out. So i just wanted to hear what everyone has to say about pole vaulting... .so rock on!!!

lonestar
PV Lover

Unread postby lonestar » Mon Nov 11, 2002 10:43 am

Here's one tip: think of the pole vault like a long jump - the faster you hit your takeoff and the higher you jump off the ground, the farther(higher) you'll go. So work on your speed on the runway and your jump off of the ground, and that will enable you to get into better positions on the pole, hold higher, and get onto bigger poles.

How do you work on those things? Pole runs with huge heavy poles, plyometrics, sliding box drills, uphill running, downhill running, long jumping, etc.

Good luck!
Any scientist who can't explain to an eight-year-old what he is doing is a charlatan. K Vonnegut

Return to “Pole Vault - Beginning Technique”