Willamette Striders vaulters shine at JO Regional (OR)

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Nevada, Hawaii, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska, Montana, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, and Colorado

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Willamette Striders vaulters shine at JO Regional (OR)

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:11 am

http://www.oregoncitynewsonline.com/spo ... 1548375700

Local vaulters shine at JO Regional
Oregon City’s Jared Hippler bags a regional title
BY JOHN DENNY
The Clackamas Review, Jul 25, 2007

JOHN DENNY / CLACKAMAS REVIEW
Willamette Striders pole vaulters (right to left) John Ellison, Jack Hippler and Jared Hippler are headed for the Junior Olympic National Championship Track and Field Meet.

SEATTLE – Athletes from the Oregon City-based Willamette Striders Pole Vault Club more than held their own at the USA Track and Field Region 13 Junior Olympic Championships, held here earlier this month.

The Striders had four athletes place in the top three in their age divisions and qualify for nationals.

Jared Hippler of Oregon City won a regional title, clearing 13-0 for first place in the Intermediate Division (ages 15-16).

Kennedy High School graduate John Ellison, the Class 2A state-meet record holder, came close to winning a regional title in the Young Men’s Division (ages 17-18), placing second with a vault of 14-10, after losing a tie-breaking jump-off with an athlete from Seattle.

Jared’s older brother, Jack Hippler, cleared 14-4 for third place in the Young Men’s Division.

Brita Kintz of Clackamas cleared 7-0 for third place in the Youth Girls (ages 13-14) division. Kintz has cleared 8-0 in practice.

Rachel Jordan of Milwaukie just missed making nationals in the Intermediate Women’s Division, clearing 10-0 for fourth place. Jordan had qualified by winning the state JO meet with a vault of 10-6, a Milwaukie High School school record.

“My goal is to win it,â€Â

Return to “West and Northwest and Canyon Regions”