Pole Vault in Alaska

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Nevada, Hawaii, Oregon, Idaho, Alaska, Montana, New Mexico, Arizona, Utah, and Colorado

Moderator: rainbowgirl28

pq000001
PV Newbie

Pole Vault in Alaska

Unread postby pq000001 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:48 am

Ive just moved to the fairbanks region. There isnt any pole vaulting up here in alaska. I am trying to get that changed. Im a certified coach and i am trying to make a case to the Athletic Director and school board or whoever i need to go to. Pole vaulting is something that everyone should be able to enjoy. The athletic director just resigned so i am planning on talking to the new one in a couple of weeks. I want to bring this great sport back up to this state. I would appreciate any information that i can get. Or any help would be greatly appreciated. There is a facility being built in anchorage, there are runways being put in but there arent any pits. If that is succesful down there they will be constructing a facility in fairbanks. There is a lack of pits up here the only pits that are up here are close to 30 years old and do not meet any regulations. If anyone has any ideas on how to help bring this event back to the track team that would be amazing any help or ideas are greatly appreciated.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:51 am

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:52 am

I'll forward you two emails I have with a USATF guy in Alaska about pole vault up there.

Return to “West and Northwest and Canyon Regions”