Is St. Charles going to have the River Fest vault this year?

A forum to discuss pole vaulting or anything else relating to Missouri, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Kansas, Nebraska, Wyoming, South Dakota, and North Dakota

Moderators: rainbowgirl28, Decamouse

bigdaddy
PV Beginner

Is St. Charles going to have the River Fest vault this year?

Unread postby bigdaddy » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:23 am

If so, when and where do we sign up?

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge
Expertise: Former College Vaulter, I coach and officiate as life allows
Lifetime Best: 11'6"
World Record Holder?: Renaud Lavillenie
Favorite Vaulter: Casey Carrigan

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 9:36 am

Dear Vaulters….Lets Get Going!!!!!

First I would like to begin by apologizing to everyone who has tried to email me or tried to access the website http://polevaultexplosion.hopto.org and have either not gotten a response or have been unable to view the web page. I have had a very chaotic last two months with college graduation, nationals, moving, starting graduate school, etc. that have kept me preoccupied to say the least. That aside, as for not responding to emails, it has been a lack of specific details up until this point. As for the website, through the process of moving and major computer/network problems, it has been down for a while, but should be up by Wednesday; I hope!!!
Below is some of information about the event that I am sure will be beneficial. The following includes a rough, but fairly accurate, time schedule for the July 3rd competition events.

Tentative Pole Vault Explosion Schedule July 3rd

7:30 AM
8:00 AM Registration
8:30 AM High School Women Warm-Up
9:00 AM High School Women O.H. 6 ft
9:30 AM
10:00 AM
10:30 AM High School Men Warm-Up
11:00 AM High School Men O.H. 9 ft
11:30 AM
12:00 PM
12:30 PM
1:00 PM
1:30 PM Women College Warm Up
2:00 PM Women College O.H. 10ft
2:30 PM
3:00 PM Men College + Elite HS Warm Up
3:30 PM Men College + Elite HS O.H. 15ft
4:00 PM
4:30 PM
5:00 PM Elite Women Warm Up
5:30 PM Elite Women O.H. 12Ft May Combine
6:00 PM Men & Women
6:30 PM Elite Men Warm Up Elite Competition
7:00 PM Elite Men O.H. 16Ft w/ 4 ft. Difference
7:30 PM
8:00 PM
8:30 PM

Start Times & Opening Heights are approximates and can be flexible

Open / Masters Vaulters can be in any group
that best fits their PR & Opening Height
THE ENTRY FEE IS $20.00. This includes a free T-shirt.

As you may or may not know, there is a comp/clinic scheduled for the 2nd of July with Daniel Ryland. Cost is still being determined, but I know that it will be reasonable. For more information check him out at www.danielryland.com or www.bellathletics.com/profiles.htm

If you would like to take advantage of this great opportunity with a world class instructor, please email me or call me at (314) 494-7302.

Please be sure to bring an umbrella or tent/tarp/canopy for shade because although there will be some shelter provided, it may not accommodate everyone in case of blistering heat or rain - - - HOPEFULLY NOT!

PLEASE, PLEASE remember you must be a USATF member and must present your card or ID # to participate. To become a member, visit www.usatf.org for details.

Once again, I apologize for the lack of response on my part, but I hope that you are still able to attend. It is my intention that this year's Pole Vault Explosion will be an even greater success than 2005, and a chance for everyone to participate and watch others do this awesome vaulting event known as THE POLEVAULT EXPLOSION!

Yours,
Mark
(314) 494-7302
polevaultexplosion@yahoo.com
http://polevaultexplosion.hopto.org

bigdaddy
PV Beginner

Unread postby bigdaddy » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:29 pm

So does that mean we can just walk up and register the morning of the event, or do we have to enter via the web site whenever it is available?

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 1:41 pm

bigdaddy wrote:So does that mean we can just walk up and register the morning of the event, or do we have to enter via the web site whenever it is available?

Email or call Mark and let him know you are coming.

theczar
PV Follower
Expertise: Coach/Former College Athlete
Lifetime Best: 17'1"

Unread postby theczar » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:38 pm

i've emailed...but got no response....

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sun Jun 25, 2006 2:51 pm

theczar wrote:i've emailed...but got no response....

If you sent the email then he knows you are coming. I guess Mark is really bad at replying to email. I posted his number, so call him, or just show up. The information is all listed above.

Aviendha
PV Pro
Expertise: Current Collegiate Vaulter

uh oh

Unread postby Aviendha » Thu Jun 29, 2006 9:36 am

So yeah, I'm planning on jumping in this...but stupid me, forgot to ask my coach if I could bring my poles from school home with me to jump on.
So...is anybody here going that has poles in the range of 11-6 130 to 12-140ish that would let me borrow them for this??
~Why does everyone prefer those who lie and make themselves less than they are, rather than those who embrace who they are, rejoice in it, and refuse to pretend anything less?

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Thu Jun 29, 2006 5:50 pm

Dear Vaulters,

I hope this message reaches you in enough time. 

1. First of all, I wanted to thank everyone for their interest in this year‚s event. I hope and pray that we will be blessed with great weather and are able to have a lot of fun.

2. I am sending everyone a copy of an announcement about the camp/clinic that Daniel Ryland will be coaching. It is on Sunday the 3rd at 1:00 pm and the cost is $50 for One-on-One Instruction. SEE ATTACHMENT.

3. I would like everyone to know that there could be around 80-90 vaulters. With this in mind, I and all the wonderful volunteers will do our very best to make the event run as smoothly as possible. I would ask that everyone make sure they get warmed up before there vaulting warm-up time so that we can spend less time doing that and more time having fun and vaulting.

I know that some of you have not touched a pole since the beginning of May, some of you have jumped in other summer meets, and some just competed last weekend at Nationals. If you have not jumped in a while come in a little lower and use the competition to feel things out.
* The groups that are listed on the schedule are NOT necessarily just for HS Girls or College Men, etc. They are generalities and you should enter the group that will give you the best chance to jump high and have fun based on your ability RIGHT NOW. The groups are separated based on STARTING HEIGHTS not necessarily whether you are in high school, college, or masters. The main reason for trying to do it this way is to not repeat a lot of heights for the men and the women as well as to give the vaulters the best chance to get a good warm up close to when they would be actually jumping.

4. The schedule below will hopefully play out more like this. All times will be approximate and will be a rolling schedule to try to make sure everyone gets to jump before it gets too dark. If we are running ahead or behind schedule we will adjust things accordingly.
           NOTICE: The elite vaulters will be combined both Men and Women with a 4 foot difference between heights. The start time may be pushed back a little, but I want to give everyone as much time as they need to jump high. As you may or may not know there is a Strong Man Competition going on with the Riverfest as well. (These are the actual guys that you see on ESPN lifting ridiculous objects that are ridiculously heavy.) It should be pretty cool and will hopefully attract more of a crowd down to the riverfront. The reason I am telling you this is that they are right now scheduled to compete between 5-7 pm on both the 3rd and 4th. It would be great if the elite group of vaulters would start getting in the groove around the time the Strong Men are finished so that their crowd can come see some of our athletes do something that is TRULY AMAZING!!!

Tentative Pole Vault Explosion Schedule July 3rd
Select a Group based on your Opening Height

7:30

8:00
Registration

8:30
High School Women Warm-Up

9:00
High School Women
O.H. 6 ft
9:30

10:00
High School Men Warm-Up

10:30

11:00
High School Men
O.H. 9 ft
11:30

12:00

12:30

1:00

1:30
Women College Warm Up

2:00
Women College
O.H. 10ft
2:30

3:00
Men College + Elite HS Warm Up

3:30
Men College + Elite HS
O.H. 15ft
4:00

4:30

5:00
Elite Men & Women Warm Up

5:30

O.H. 12Ft
6:00
Elite Men & Women Competition
O.H. 16Ft
6:30

7:00
Combined Men & Women Elite

7:30
Competition w/ 4ft. Difference

8:00

8:30

Start Times & Opening Heights are approximates and can be flexible
Open / Masters Vaulters can be in any group
that best fits their PR & Opening Height

5. In terms of registration, the earlier you get there the easier it is to form the groups and make sure you get a T-shirt the size that you want. With that said, if you are traveling from a land far, far, away, and you know you are 100% confident that you will be able to jump at the opening height for a later division then you do not HAVE to show up at 8:00 AM, but be sure you do give yourself enough time to prepare to jump and variations in the schedule.

6. There will be a POLE LOADING / UNLOADING ZONE on Riverside Drive (the main street that runs along the park and the riverfront) so that you do not have to carry your poles from the parking lots further away.

7. Do not forget your USATF card or number to be presented during registration.

FINALLY, thank you for your cooperation and I can not wait to see all of you there!

Mark Aschen

theczar
PV Follower

Unread postby theczar » Thu Jun 29, 2006 6:20 pm

sweet....

this should be awesome!

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 3:35 pm

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/entert ... enDocument

ST. CHARLES COUNTY

ST. CHARLES

Riverfest:

Food and crafts booths, carnival rides, live entertainment, family activities, pole vaulters, Xtreme Strongman competition and a water war area for adults and kids will be offered at Frontier Park in St. Charles. Carnival rides will be open from 6:30 to 10:30 p.m. today, 2:30 to 11 p.m. Sunday and Monday, and 10 a.m. to 11 p.m. Tuesday. Purchase a $12 wristband for unlimited rides. For more information call 636-946-7776 or online at stcharlescity.com/fourth_of_july/default.asp.

rainbowgirl28
I'm in Charge

Unread postby rainbowgirl28 » Sat Jul 01, 2006 5:26 pm

Dear Vaulters,

Sorry I am sending this email out so late, but I must inform you that Daniel will not be able to conduct the camp on Sunday July 3rd at 1:00.

As you may or may not know, I sent an email out on Thursday night with the full intent that he would be available, but since then other obligations have come up that he must attend to.

With that said, I am trying to organize a session on TUESDAY if there is enough interest. There will be information available at the meet on Monday.

If you have any questions, call me at (314) 494-7302.

Mark

theczar
PV Follower

Unread postby theczar » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:39 am

it was a great meet, but unfortunately i had to leave before the Elites,

does anyone have results? I want to know how it went

Return to “North and Central Regions”